[66] replay.

Hi, how's everyone doing today?

This chapter was requested by kinkyanddesperate
When I finished this, I just realized that I made it a little bit different than what you asked...
I apologize, I had way too much fun writing this. Writing pain is my guilty pleasure.
I hope you can still enjoy this 🍓
--- ---- --- ---

The word jealous has never existed in Fugo's vocabulary. Though, it's seems that the time to finally add the word has come. One emotion that Fugo was sure is ridiculous and dumb. 

"Narancia," he heard you sang downstairs followed by loud 'yes' by Narancia. "Good morning my little boy! Who's the good boy!?"

"Me! Me Me!" 

'What a dog' Fugo thought to himself. He stopped by the end on the stairs and peeking at the kitchen where you're spoiling Narancia with head pats. If it's weren't for Abbacchio tapping on his shoulder, the poor handrail will be destroyed by him. 

"What are you doing here, kid?" Abbacchio glanced in the same direction before back to his dearest teammates. "As usual, huh?"

"What do you mean, Abbacchio?"

Abbacchio withdrew his hand before Fugo can slap it. "Nothing. Come on before the coffee gets cold." 

Stomping his feet, Fugo followed Abbacchio to the dining table and sit in front of him. There's already a cup of coffee still steaming hot. 

"Goor morning, Pannacotta."

"..good morning.., [y/n]."

You nodded to him before greeting Abbacchio. At the moment, Fugo is having an internal crisis while sipping his coffee.

'Hold yourself together, Fugo. What the hell was that? Pathetic. You can do better than this. You're better than Narancia...' 

"Your cup is empty, Fugo."

Fugo raised his face and the cup on his hand is empty just like what Abbacchio said. He placed it back, frowning hard because from the corner of his eyes he caught you. It's just that you're giving your full attention to Narancia.., again.

He was never thinking much of it before. It's true that he finds you different from other people. Your caring and calm nature have always attracted him. Not to mention that you were the first person who dared to call him by his first name. Also never get angry at him for being angry. Fugo was content with everything until Narancia starts eating all the attention you give him.

Narancia also likes you the best. You can cook and will do anything to help him. Also never underestimating him despite his lack of education. On top of all that, you often giving him praises and head pats. He wants more so he asked for more. He gets the head pats, hugs, kisses, basically almost everything. 

It would be stupid if Fugo didn't notice Narancia's change of behavior. Everyone does except for you who doesn't mind at all. Now Fugo's blaming Narancia for being clingy and blaming himself for being a coward.

Anyhow, Fugo is having none of that shit. He's tired and desperate.

"What is it, Fugo?"

The silence almost too hard to swallow. When he thought he already prepared for it, Fugo can't stand the stares Abbacchio is giving him. No one is home beside Abbacchio and him. Thankfully you went with Bucciarati instead of Narancia. The time is now or never.

"I.. need your help."

Abbacchio set aside his wine glass and leaning to the couch with crossed arms. He also didn't answer sooner to see his favorite teammates struggling for the first time. Fugo had no idea that Abbacchio already notices everything. He's quiet, not ignorant.

"Abbacchio-"

"Moody Blues." Fugo stepped back when the familiar white and purple stand appeared in front of him. The stand stepped aside and Fugo can't find the right word to say. "You've become such a mess, Fugo," Abbacchio spat, "just because of a girl. You're well aware that their relationship isn't like that."

"For now- we'll never know what comes next." Fugo's holding back his breath, he said, "I can make calculations. Yet I can't find the courage I need to approach her-"

"Fugo, you're-"

"Can! Can you.. please just change Moody Blues to [y/n] this morning... I want her."

"Yeah." Abbacchio's back reading his magazine and let Fugo goes with his stand. It should be fine. We're all need comfort.

There Fugo stood in the kitchen, having the time of his life. There's no such thing as pride or shame left. He just wanted to have something he never had. Affection and much physical affection. He's melting and about to cry.

He had to bend his knees a little to get the pecks on the cheeks and kisses on top of his head. Ignoring the name of his teammates out of you in Moody Blues version, he's receiving all the praises. That he did well, that he's adorable, and that he's loved.

He appreciates how Abbacchio willingly to replay [y/n] from last week up until today. There's no time wasted or single movement missed. The way you talk, hold his hand when you eat, or give a little scold. He's devouring everything as his anger keep building. 

Is he this touch-starved? Is he really jealous? Why he's not the one getting all the attention. It's absurd how he didn't get any just because he never asked. You're clearly failed to see how important you're to him.

'It should be me. I'm the one. Don't do this to me.'

An hour has passed, could be more since he never counts the times. What he counts by heart was how many times he got the kisses, how many seconds the hug last. Every count, every second broke him a little. He wants to cry like a baby. 

"Do you want more, Pannacotta? No? Okay, just let me know if you want more before I go. Narancia, where's your headband? No, I didn't wash it-"

The conversation in the morning almost over. Compared to the orange boy, the time you called his name was so little that he refused to count. Nor fair and cruel.

"Here, here, your head pat." 

Fugo smiled bitterly as your hand went to ruffling his hair and ignoring Narancia's demand for a kiss on the forehead. He lowered his body so you can give him kisses on the forehead as your hand is placed on his shoulder.

Abbacchio's stand is truly a blessing. Everything feels real. The warmth, breathe, and touch was almost perfect to the original. It's good enough but not to fully satisfy his need.

'How pathetic. I am. Nothing but a disgrace. How I'm supposed to tell you all this. My feelings building up each day. I can't control this anymore. I want you.'

Fugo knows you're about to give Narancia a hug. It was a mere second and no more. It should be a good thing but this would be the last for him. There's no way he can ask Abbacchio to replay again. Acknowledging that his heart probably can't take the pain anymore.

Your arms have fully wrapped around his body. He was ready to let go until the replay stopped there. When you hug him the tightest. Cheeks touching and he cried right there. In your embrace, he pretends. 

He has lost hope with no chance to recover. When your attention to Narancia is this great, what there's left for him? Nothing. He was already knows everything. The hard cold truth finally hit him. His legs fall to the floor as you disappeared. 

Abbacchio leaned to the door with crossed arms and a sour face. Maybe he shouldn't let Moody Blues turned into you after all. But he knows the pain well and wants Fugo to relieve it a little. 

It takes thousands of times of replaying memories until they went cold.