[7] green roses, part 2.

The party started at seven and you've been preparing yourself since three. Some of Passione's elite members would be there as well to do the main mission. Yours is to gather information as much as possible and made them favor Passione. 

Your typical mission.

The party will be held at Capri, in a secret ballroom of Passione's. It is already six so you speed up a little on fixing your make up.

You wore a long [d/c] sleeveless dress that fits until your ankle. It is soft and light as it will flutter around every time you move. The dress covers your chest cleavage nicely but shows your leg because the dress split on the left from your thigh. It is a black-less dress too so it shows much of your skin. You have to pair it with 5 cm heels to make you look more alluring. Applied a thin make up here and there. 

You're done.

You slowly walk down the stairs, careful to not slip and fall. No one left in the mansion beside you and Mista at the moment. It was sure quiet. You can feel you start to tensing up again.

"Be careful, you might trip yourself like that,"

It was not Mista's voice. You raised your face to see Fugo already standing at the end of the stairs waiting for you. He wore a real black suit, but still with his black necktie with red strawberry pattern on it. 

Fugo climbed up the stairs, offering his hand for you to hold on to.

"Hold my hand, [y/n]," He smiled.

"Wait, Fugo, what, how?" You accepted his hand on reflex but couldn't contain your surprise. 

"I heard from Bucciarati," answered Fugo, slowly escorting you down, "So I finished my mission quickly. Can't count on Mista in this situation, right?"

You chuckled, "Poor Mista, he learned English so hard, you know? By the way, where is he?"

"I am here," Mista leaned on the main doorstep, he grins, "Obviously I will mess up so Fugo will take the cake. I'll just wait here or you want me to come as well?"

"No, you wait here," Fugo answered quickly, "Make sure you watch the house."

"Thank you, Mista," You smiled at the gunslinger, "Will you wait for us?"

"Of course, sorella,"

Fugo flinch when Mista called you big sister. He always feels uneasy ever time Mista and Narancia call you so. You're older than them and you've been taking care of them like a real sister. Fugo doesn't mind it at all but he refuses to call you like that too. Fugo realizes he is younger than you, even younger than Narancia. It's just something he can't understand. 

You're someone important for him. You are able to calm his anger almost immediately. You will listen to his theories about something he just read and discusses it with you. You sometimes teach him the languages you know. 

Fugo realizes the person he spent most of his time are with you. In the library all day. Or in the dining room late at night drinking coffee discussing things. 

And he absolutely loves to help ease your anxiety. Fugo doesn't dare to touch you yet other than caressing your hair so he just tells you stories. He curses himself because he envies Mista and Narancia.

Yesterday, when he heard you favor him, Fugo couldn't contain his happiness. You need him by your side when the leader can't be with you in your important mission.

Fugo finds your existence light his life. 

Calming.

Both of you arrived safely in the ballroom just in time. You activate Message Man immediately to strengthen your senses. There are really so many kinds of people here. You can hear almost everyone talking in different languages. Blabbering about each other is not a good way. It is always like this.

Suffocating.

Overwhelming you.

"[y/n]," Fugo whispered near your ear, "You're going to be okay. I am here with you."

Startled, you turned to Fugo, staring at him.

Relieved.

His face is as handsome as ever. His purple eyes that never fail to meet yours are so serene as always. Especially tonight, you notice the mint scent on him is stronger than usual. 

Refreshing.

You smiled thinly, reaching for his cheek, "Will you help me if something happened? Will you wait for me closely? Will you watch me over?"

"I will," Fugo grabbed your hand and touching it with his cheek, "You can count on me."

"Right," You chuckled, "I can always count on you."

The party went smoothly. You were able to gain much attention to you. You became the attention of the party quickly. Like a rose attracting bees ready to savor the sweetness. You welcome every single of them with their native language. Made them attached to you. You simply smiled as they unconsciously telling you their secret. When they said they liked you, that is when your job is done. Moving to the next target.

And Fugo held your hand tightly. Not letting it go or leaving your side even only for a second. He sometimes joins the chat in the proper language you've been teaching him. A little bit difficult for him to pronounce everything but it still easy to understand.

You can't contain your joy. As expected of Fugo. He is excellent in every way you can imagine. 

If Bucciarati were escorting you as usual he will let you wander around alone, watching you a little bit far since he can't talk any foreign language. So you have to run back to him from time to time to ease your anxiousness. 

"I am really glad you're here with me," You said, leaning your back on the walls but leaning to Fugo as well. Your arms cling onto his right arm. Basically hugging his arm. Savoring his scent and warmth.

Both of you are now resting by getting away from the crowd.

"It's my pleasure as well," Fugo looked at you, "You did a really good job. This is my first time seeing you use Message Man's ability up close on so many people."

"You're right," You nodded, "Wait, didn't you hate party like this, Fugo? Why would you come with me?"

You tighten the hug, afraid if Fugo feels forced to escort you tonight. 

"I can't leave you alone, can I? If Mista is here instead, your work only doubles to take care of him. You were going to ask me anyway, right? The answer is yes. I will help you. You can count on me."

You nodded, "I can count on you, Fugo. Also, you smell very nice tonight. The mints. The whole time I feel as if we are in the library. Just the two of us. I feel like home. Not feeling overwhelming too. Oh,  did I tell you that you looked really good in a proper suit? Your usual green suit is charming too, I miss it. And actually I am done collecting the information. I am getting tired too. And hungry. Was that page 107?"

Fugo chuckled by the ranting. 

"You want to leave now? Yes, you were on page 107."

"Can we? I knew you will remember it for me."

"Of course we can," Fugo stood up, stop leaning from the walls, "We can stop first to have dinner in a restaurant. This is Capri, many good restaurants around here. Also, we are getting you a bookmark."

"What, bookmark is such a hassle. I might forget where I put it. Remember the page is faster. And I can talk to you while asking you so."

"You're such a handful," Fugo held your hand, escorting you to leave the ballroom.

"I know I can count on you. And now I will ask you to attend party with me more often. I like how you always stay by my side all the time."

"Then, please, ask me more, [y/n]," His voice lightened, "I'll be more than delighted to stay by your side."