[48] together.

Hi, how is everyone doing?
Things are getting difficult for me but everything is under control, I guess...?

Anyway,
This chapter was requested by Laviesshi 
Thank you for coming back! I'm sorry that this is short.., I hope you still find this one enjoyable 🍓
--- --- --- ---

After years of being part of the mafia, Fugo finally knows the hardest thing in his life wasn't fighting to the death. Fighting is fairly easy, he's smart and though his teammates can be total dumbasses, they're all dependable. Especially when their main job is to guard rather than killing, he couldn't ask for the better. It's just that his years of experience on the battlefield didn't prepare him for this situation.

Long Distance Relationship is his problem even after a year in it. You're currently away in the other part of the globe to pursue higher education. To have his lover away from him, Fugo couldn't stand it. Thankfully, there's technology.

Through video calls, Fugo able to see his loved one every day. It doesn't have to be hours. It could be only for a minute full of love words how you and he were missing each other. Time is relative and meaningless. The sun could be up with you while he's contemplating together with the moon. As long as he could see you, everything should be fine.

"Did you hear me?"

The said man let out a long desperate sigh escaping his lips. Heavy lidded eyes, dark under, still smiling soft and loving. He could see your worried face on the screen in front of him. Obviously, he didn't want to burden you even more.

"Fugo?"

"I hear you, [y/n]," he chuckled lightly, setting aside his pen beside a considerable amount of paper works. "Right, I should focus on you."

"You don't look good," you said, almost in a whisper.

"That's not good. I have to look good so that you can't look away from me, tesoro."

"I'm serious, Fugo."

"Me too."

"Goddammit!"

"Language, signorina," he warned, resting his haw on the back of his hand. "What is it that you're worried about?"

"It's you," you clicked your tongue, burying half your face on the pillow. "When was the last time you sleep? You look like a freaking zombie."

"While you look like you're about to cry."

"Isn't like three in the morning over there? You should sleep now. I'm sure Bucciarati will let you sleep longer."

"Let's go to the theme park when you're back."

You growled, lifting your face, scrunching, "Don't change the subject, Fugo. Answer. Me. If not, I'll be mad."

"We've been busy, [y/n]," he sighed again, heavier than the previous one. He shifted uncomfortably on his seat, fidgeting his fingers on the table as he smiled somewhere between sad and anxious. "It's safe to say that I'm okay. Though, to answer your question, it's been five days."

"And you never tell me that."

He looked up to you, "I'm sorry."

"I beg you to sleep now, please. I'll tell Bucciarati later," you said, showing your phone. "I'll stay here, alright?"

"You don't have to-"

"I insist. Please," you beg again, holding out your hand to the screen. "I can't afford to see you sick because you lack sleep. As this is partly my fault too."

"Alright, I will try to relax for now," Fugo said, resting his face on his folded arms on the table. "I'm doing this for you."

"You should do it for yourself, but okay. Should I sing for you, caro? You know my voice isn't as bad as Narancia," you grinned, which Fugo laugh back too.

"Please," he agreed.

Fugo tilted his head to the side as you began to sing. A children song he had heard thousand of times before and still soothing every time he hears it. Mostly because of you and part of it because his grandmother used to sing him the same song. It's his little secret, and he won't tell you any sooner.

"You're a gift for me, [y/n]," he muttered, eyelids flutters, getting heavy to keep open. The last thing he saw was your smile as you keep singing until the last bit of the song.

It ended pretty well or so you could say. On the screen, Fugo is finally falling asleep. He looked so tired and at peace at the same time, it brought a smile on your face. Your fingers ran through his hair, only if you could. In reality, you could just slide your fingers over the screen. Still you glad that today too, you can see him.

"Good night, Fugo."

"Heyya, Fugo, we've come to fetch you-"

"Fugo, Bucciarati is looking for you-"

Mista and Narancia, the two troublemakers stunned upon the unusual yet cute sight when they swung Fugo's door open. They look to each other before giggling, holding it to not so loud. Both of them walked towards Fugo's desk to find him sleeping with you. Literally, but not quite right either.

"Look at them, cute shit," Mista commented as Narancia nodded playfully.

"She's sleeping over there too! She's taking a nap."

"We should take a photo! Narancia, go grab the-"

Mista hasn't finished his line when Fugo flinched. He slowly rose, rubbing his eyes as he turning around to see Mista and Narancia were grinning from ear to ear.

"Good morning, lover boy," Mista laughed.

Narancia pointed at Fugo's face, "You fool, a fool in love. How can you shamelessly sleep with [y/n]?"

"Bucciarati is going to be so disappointed with you," added Mista, making Fugo even more confused.

"What are you two talking about," he said, dry because he just woke up. Forehead frowned, and eyes narrowed at the two who still won't stop giggling.

"Oh, you see, that." Fugo followed the direction of where Narancia's finger pointed at. To the screen laptop, and he wasn't ready.

"[y/n]!" Fugo gasped, strained on his throat. His eyes widen in awe while he's blushing to see you were sleeping on the other side of the screen. Then it hit him. "I can't allow you guys to see her like that!" He slammed the laptop to close. Growling at them.

"We are not scared, Fugo." Narancia proudly crossed his arms. Mista nodded to agree.

"Not when your face is as red as hell. How cute. How was it to sleep together with her? Hm?"

"We are not sleeping together!" Fugo stood up, veins could be seen straining on his neck. "Shut up, you two dumbasses!"

"Oooh, he's angry! What do we do, Narancia?"

"Let's go tell Bucciarati!"

"Bucciarati! Abbacchio! You guys won't believe this! Mista and Narancia shouted as they ran away from Fugo.

"Come back here, you little shits!"

Fugo ran to chase them. He looked angry when in reality he's just embarrassed. Though, the sight of your sleeping face won't leave his face any sooner.