1 Realization

'I wasn't expecting this'. This is all Izuku could think of at these particular moment. He wasn't expecting this to happen to him. If you are wondering what is happening to him, well, let's just say that he just realize that he is actually in love. Worst of it all, he is in love with someone whom he knows that will never ever love him back at all. Or so he thought...

He realize his feelings for this particular person after he thought that something is not right about him. He suddenly feels something weird going on in his stomach whenever that person is close to him. He is not supposed to feel those things because he knew better. This feelings might bring him pain. The kind of pain that he might not be able to bear at all. The pain that scares him. Well, pain is not new for him. He experience pain. Physical and emotional pain. Those were the kinds of pain that shape him. But the pain that this feelings might cause? He feels like this would make him cry.

"Deku!" Izuku was snapped out of his thoughts when he hears his best friend's voice calling for him. Yeah, Uraraka is actually with him right now because he called her asking her about the weird feelings that keeps on bothering him for weeks now.

"S-sorry Uraraka. I-I was lost in my thoughts," he look at his best friend and give her an apologetic smile. The bubbly brunette just sigh.

" I can't believe that you are actually in love with Bakugou." The brunette sighed once again. Feeling sympathetic towards her sweet and kind friend.

'Deku's heart will be broken. I don't think that the Pomeranian will be able to reciprocate his feelings. Well, the feelings might not be too deep. She can still do something to stop it. Maybe' She thought.

"I am not expecting this either. Especially with Kacchan," Izuku sigh also. Yes, he just realized that he is actually in love with his childhood friend/bully. He always admire Kacchan but not to the extent of falling in love. He just started feeling something like this when Kacchan took the time to accompany him to Recovey Girl's office and smiled at him. Just a little. Well, more like an apologetic smile because he is the reason why he got injured. That smile took him off guard because it was a rare sight to see.

"You think, you can stop yourself from falling hard?" His best friend ask him and he was taken a back for a bit. He didn't think about this. He think for a bit. He can't fall hard. He will have a broken heart.

"I will have to try. I don't know what to say actually. I just realized my feelings just now and I still don't know how to deal with it. Confession was never and will never be an option for me though," He responded. The brunette shooked her head then nooded.

"If you need someone to talk to, just call me," She said then offer him a reassuring smile before heading to the door and leaving her friend's room to go back to hers.

Alone in his room, Izuku felt like crying already. He already know how things will end and honestly, he is sad.

"Kacchan will never love me back. There is no way that he will reciprocate this feelings. He is too prideful to express his feelings other than anger. And there is no way that he will feel the same way for me. He hates me to the bones. He hates me so much and I can't blame him for it. Maybe I should avoid him for the time being. Not that we are actually talking to each other. Well, it's better this way. I really hope that I won't fall harder than I already am."

What a way to jinx himself.

----------Next Morning---

Next morning came and Izuku wake up earlier than usual. He woke up at exactly 4:00 in the morning and decided to just get ready for school. Once he is ready he leaves his room and finds himself in the kitchen. Preparing himself a simple breakfast. After eating and washing the dishes, he go back to his room again because he remembers that he wasn't able to put his worksheet on his bag.

After that he decided to head to school. As expected, he is the first one to enter the classroom. Classes starts at 8:00 and he is here already. It's just 6:30. He sighed. He feels sleepy. He fell asleep rather early but he is still sleepy.

He decided to take a nap because it is too early and he knows that he will wake up if his classmates arrive remembering how noisy they are.

Ten minutes later and he can't sleep but his face is on his desk. He suddenly felt that someone entered the classroom. He didn't bother himself in knowing who it is because he definitely knows who. It's him. Kacchan. He doesn't want to see Katsuki for now and it's just the two of them so it's better if he just pretend to be asleep. He is just going to wait for Uraraka to arrive and talk to her instead. That's his plan but Kacchan is quite a plan destroyer at this moment. He just suddenly feels Kacchan's hands on his shoulder trying to wake him up.

"Oi nerd!" Izuku automatically sat up and was surprised that his faced was inches away from Kacchan. As if on cue, he slightly lean back, putting a comfortable space between them and tried to compose himself.

"K-Kacchan! Is there something y-you need?" He tried composing himself but still, he stutters. Like it's normal to him.

"Are you okay?" Again, he is taken a back. Did Kacchan just ask if he was okay? Is this even Kacchan? Maybe I am not yet awake.

"Y-yes, I a-am," Nevertheless he answered him.

"Is there s-something you need Kacchan?" Izuku asks him because he is quite confused about what is happening.

"Nothing. I am just wondering. You were early today. I am usually the first to arrive but then you are here," He said in a low voice.

Okay, maybe he is trying to make this a competition. Or maybe not.

"W-well, I woke up early than usual." He responded. Katsuki just hummed as a response then go back to his chair. He knows that Kacchan wants to say something but decided not to tell.

He sighed then took his worksheet out of his bag then reading it again. Just a form of reviewing it and scanning it to make sure that it is well done. Upon reading his worksheet, another realization dawn into him.

Kacchan didn't shout at him.

---------1-----------

1129 words for the first chapter. Word counts will improve as the story goes by😊.

Next Chapter: Confused