Up down up DOWN

2 weeks later
Maya's pov
Maya: Carina are you ready our flight boards in 2 hours and I'm still trying to stop by the firehouse to see Andy on her first day back.

Carina: yes just a few more things to pack

At the firehouse
Maya's pov
I pulled up in front of the firehouse. I saw Andy and Robert walking in I ran over to them both. Andy and I shared a long hug.

Maya: How are the kids?
Andy: They're great and Simone she's adjusting.
Carina: You still setting up their appointment when I get back?
Andy: yes
Robert: U ladies enjoy your vacation. imma head in I'll catch you inside Andy

Andy and Robert shared a brief kiss before he departed.

Andy, Carina and I continued to talk for 15 more minutes before Carina and I finally decided it was time to head to the airport.

Carina and I were excited this was our first vacation together as a couple. We held hands as we excitedly walked around the airport. After another 30 minutes of check in and security checks we both headed to board the plane.

We took our seats and waited for the plane to takeoff. I rested my head on Carina's shoulder.

Everything about her made me fall in love with her, but neither one of us had ever said the L word to each other.

The plane finally took off. We admired our sights around us and enjoyed each other's company.

Back at the firehouse
Jack's POV
We all set on the couch watching tv.

All of a sudden a BREAKING NEWs
MESSAGE POPPED UP ON THE TV.

All of our phones started going off. 2 planes had just crashed into one another.

The scene was horrific. We all ran to the fire trucks and ambulances. Sirens blazed loudly. We were all in shock no words were exchanged.