· l̶҉̰͚͖͕̍̈́̅͗̏̇͢͜͜͝_O̷̵҉̢̭͚̜̠ͫͣ͐͢͟͢͠͞͝_V̶̝̐̀͟͟͝_E҉̰̰͎̆͞_·

A/n: Fluff to angst and then back to fluff! Not my normal type of angst though. This one is less depressy. I've been meaning to write this concept for a while, and didn't know how to. I think I did alright, so here's hoping you enjoy!

I used the font because just writing the title was kinda lame, and didn't fully fit. That, and I'm terrible at title names!!! Eheh- anyway, continue to reading now.

· l̶҉̰͚͖͕̍̈́̅͗̏̇͢͜͜͝_O̷̵҉̢̭͚̜̠ͫͣ͐͢͟͢͠͞͝_V̶̝̐̀͟͟͝_E҉̰̰͎̆͞_·

  "You're the worst!"  I shouted, laughing my head off as Monokuma hugged me closer.

  "The worstest!" He responded with a smile.

  Today was one of those rare days off from school. A day we had spent together cuddling in my room. That was until Monokuma had started teasing me- as usual.

  "Aww, look! Your face is all red!" He poked my cheek, laughter exploding from his parted lips. I punched his shoulder in response.

  There was a gasp from the monochromatic boy as he placed a hand upon his chest.

  "You- you punched me! How could I ever forgive you for such a dastardly crime?!?!"

  I kissed Monokuma on the cheek, raising my hand to scratch behind his ears.

  "Because you like me!"

  Another gasp. "You've found my weakness!"

  Times like this were always wonderful. He made me so happy, and I'm certain I made him happy to. This was the best I have felt in a long time. Carefree, fearless, even hopeful! How I-

  Our laughter soon calmed, as we sat together, there upon my bed. I could feel Monokuma's arms snake around my waist as I placed my head on his shoulder.

  We have only been dating for two months, but this feeling was so incredibly strong! I could barely control the overwhelming happiness that took over me when with him! I was never the first to say it, too afraid that things would go wrong, but now, it only seemed fitting. At this moment, I felt as if it could last an eternity. My heart wanted to leap from my chest and into his warm and caring arms! So sappy, but I couldn't help it!

  I sent a glance sideways and to my boyfriend's direction. He smiled back at me, placing a small kiss upon my forehead.

  I took in a deep breath. I knew he had to feel the same...

  "I love you, Monokuma."

  From this, there was no response. Actually, the pause felt like an eternity before he distanced himself from me. My heart instantly sunk.

  Instead of "I don't feel the same-" or "We're taking this too fast-" I received a rather puzzled look. Monokuma's head practically cocked to the side as confusion graced his features.

  I stared at his now bewildered eyes, as a small gap arose to his lips.

  I bit my own as I uneasily awaited his response.

  "I-I'm sorry Y/n..."

  I couldn't take what was to come...my heart was beginning to fracture...

  "I-I don't think...I don't think I know what you mean." The same clueless expression weaved through his eyes. He was serious.

  In that moment, my heart shattered. Not because of fear, but because of an unshakable dread. An overwhelming sadness showed itself by leaking from my eyes.

  "Y-you don't know what love means?" My voice almost broke.

  Monokuma's ear flicked, his head cocking to the other side. His eyes then widened in false realization.

  "I'm sorry! I don't want you to cry! Please don't be upset with me!!!"

  Those pitiful shattered pieces now resembled something more like sand. Powdered from fracturing smaller than possible.

  "You don't have to apologize! You haven't done anything wrong!"

  A guilty expression was now shadowing his face. Frustrating seemed to be overcoming the confusion he showed before.

  I pushed myself closer, forcing my arms around the boy. Monokuma deserves so much better. Life- unkind, and for what reason?

  "Love..." I started, "is wanting moments like these to last forever. It's that small little annoying feeling that makes your stomach fill with butterflies, and your cheeks flush red. It's me and you- that is, if you feel the same way?"

  Monokuma let out a small, embarrassed laugh. "No wonder I don't know about it! This love's a byproduct of hope, right?"

  I smiled, kissing Monokuma on the cheek. "It's more than that- love is the foundation for hope. I could give you the dictionary definition though, if you'd like?"

  "I'm good!" Monokuma pulled me closer. "It's a shame though..." He paused. "I feel it too!"

A/n: I hope you liked this chapter! Oneshot- it's not technically a chapter I don't think...anyway, not the point. Today's my last day, so hopefully I have more time to write and post!!!

Have a wonderful rest of your day/night!

Words: 817