Occupied

Asia's implementation into school, and normal Devil life in general was pristine. Not a hitch to be found as she continued in in Amano's class, did summonings, handed out flyers, and lived life as she saw fit.

Amano himself was back to the relatively blank look, but he definitely made conversation more with Kiba and Koneko. He was more than grateful to them, and respected their wishes to get closer.

About a week went by with everything staying stagnant.

However that wasn't the case. To Amano, Rias was already incredibly uptight and distant, but now it was noticeable that she would often space out, and even stared at couples from the window of the club room.

Amano tried his best to respect her feelings when he found the courage to approach her about this reoccurring sadness in her eyes.

"Hey, prez." He called out, having just finished class and was the first to arrive.

No response came from the Princess of Annihilation.

Amano was a direct person. As blunt as could be.

"Are you lonely or something? You keep staring at the souls more fortunate in the field of love." Amano asked.

Rias shot him a glare that carried immense pressure, even causing him to flinch.

"...That's the last time I try to talk to you..." Amano muttered in annoyance, turning to the couch. Rias scoffed at his conversation starter, but answered his question regardless.

"In that sense. Yes. I am lonely." She replied.

"Nice." Amano said with a thumbs up, leaning into the cushions with a sigh.

"How is that nice?" Rias said with an attitude.

"That kind of freedom is a blessing." Amano said, but also sounded like he wasn't sure.

"That's the thing. I don't have that freedom." Rias said with her own sigh. "What do you mean?" Amano asked. "I'm getting married away. This prick of a Devil is a womanizer and makes his entire peerage his harem. Like hell I'll be sent off to him just for the sake of politics..." Rias complained, before gasping.

She slowly turned to Amano, and saw he was smirking at her.

"The truth comes out."

"How... why did I say all that to you?!" Rias whispered in shock.

"I'd say I have that effect, but I'd be lying." Amano said with a shrug.

"You impudent pawn... Quit prying." Rias said in anger that she let her status slip.

"Impudent is a stretch. I simply believe in a mutual gain for respect." Amano declared. Rias rolled her eyes as she turned in her chair. She faced him and glared daggers at the sudden smug aura he gave off.

"You kill one Fallen Angel and think you're hot shit?" She asks, growing more and more annoyed at his attitude after last week.

"Not at all. If anything I feel less accomplished the more you look at me. You want more from someone so weak, don't you?" Amano asked, glaring back.

"Precisely. Do you know what I missed out on the night you died?" Rias asked, sounding more serious than angry.

"Let me guess. Some powerful 'Sacred Gear' I've been hearing about. Someone with God's Grace— well you know what, prez— Fuck that grace!" Amano shouted, standing up in defiance.

"Ha. At least you know. They would've taken all eight pawns to recruit... yet here you are... taking one, and relying completely on the others to fight your battles." Rias mocked.