The Resolve of Blizzard

Amano was lying on one if the club room's couches, arm across his face as the others watched his dismay. He was brimming with a lust for blood and vengeance, which was unnatural for someone so close to death no even moments ago.

His lashing out despite being already wounded resulted in an even more serious wound, and had even required the aid of Rias to at least heal the major gash in his stomach.

He had actually just got out of the shower with her, and Akeno was impressed by his mental fortitude in such a scenario.

Akeno had wrapped his semi-naked body in bandages, covering the cuts littered across his body.

Amano was pissed. He looked pissed.

He tried to sit up, but the moment he did, he collapsed and began to pant, his chest heaving with each breath.

"I can't sit around..." Amano muttered.

"You can. And you will. You need to recover, as well as think about who you are," Rias commanded, but she quickly stomped over and grabbed his face.

"Know your place." She said with a glare.

"You are a pawn. You may have the ability to promote to other classes, but that's not enough to take on every fight as if it's your last. You lack strategy- you lack poise. All you do is jump headlong into battle with the intent to kill... be it your opponent... or yourself." Rias ranted.

"Promotion... I can become like them?" Amano asked, ignoring everything else.

"...You..." Rias was at a lost for words. She squeezed his cheeks and sighed.

"You stay here." She pinched him. "You recover." She pinched harder. "And you accept the consequences of your actions." She lifted his face to meet hers. "Got it?" She asked sternly.

"Absolutely not." Amano answered honestly, making Rias sigh, having predicted the answer.

"Persistent. Annoyingly persistent." Rias commented.

"Fine. Let this be a test to prove your worth, since you're so desperate to do so, I take it. You retrieve that nun alive, and I'll acknowledge you as a Devil under my house. However, should you fail... we're fitting you for a suit." Rias stated.

"Deal." Amano agreed, more than confident in his abilities.

Combusting into flames, Amano stood up and walked for the door, Kiba and Koneko following after him.

He stopped and questioned it.

"Well. We're hoping that you'll open up more if help you out. I want to be friends." Kiba answered.

"I have nothing better to do. And you technically saved my tail since it was my summoning." Koneko answered as well.

From the midst of his fire, Amano waved them on as his rage boiled him within him. He recalled his wounds and encounters will the Fallen Angel and Priest. He'd pay them back tenfold.

His revenge would be served hot...

And cold...

Leaning against thick trees, Kiba, Koneko, and Amano eyed the entrance of the church. The overwhelming feeling of dread in their body was mostly repelled by their resolve to raid the building despite the disadvantage in numbers.

The amount of holy presence in the church was astronomical in comparison to only three Devils.

"They've got a ton of priests inside there." Kiba commented, his hand rested in the handle of his sword.