The Reflexes of Lightning

Amano jolted awake and grabbed his stomach, feeling around his body in a sudden pant and cold sweat.

The sun was starting to rise, and the glare of the sun through his blinds irked his eyes into a squint.

Amano saw burn scars and even blacked skin across his body. The main wound was his hand, which was black from the palm and spread up to his fingers in a gradient, and down his wrist the same way.

'There's no way I can cover this up in time.' Amano thought.

'I knew it was real. You don't just die and not remember after coming back. But what was all that. The sword... the flame... what am I?'

Amano's thoughts were halted when he felt something graze his leg under his sheets.

Amano slowly turned and saw strands of red hair in his bed.

Amano recalled he could feel his wounds.

He was naked.

The assumption that the red haired girl under his bed was naked, was quite accurate.

Amano swiftly exited his bed and threw on all his clothes, before slowly walking to his door.

Without even checking wether or not she was naked, awake, or who he thought she was- he left.

~•~

Amano walked into school with a blank stare, trying his best to mask his confusion and concern, but failed.

The worry in his face was akin to a puppy, in which his eyes looked almost scared.

A few girls commented on his cute expression, but not enough to draw attention.

As Amano routinely arrived to his homeroom, but when he arrived, he heard the whispers and murmurs of everyone in his class.

Literally. He could hear every word clearly, but he was an expert at tuning them out.

Amano opened the door, and immediately saw the culprit of such heavy amounts of gossip and chatter.

Rias Gremory was leaning on his desk with a scowl, glaring at her feet. When she heard everyone stop talking, she looked up and faced him, making him look at her as well.

This time, Amano was the first to falter.

"I've always wanted to skip class," he muttered, before turning around and trying to flee, but Rias was quick to run after him and grab his collar.

"Occult Research Club. Right after school. Don't be late or you will be collected." She ordered, the glare she bore making him nod, and even salute as she let go.

Walking away with a sigh, Rias frowned at his behavior.

'He's definitely aware... he just wants no part of it.' She deduced.

~•~

Amano was debating wether he should go to the club Rias mentioned. She was right. He was adamant on staying out of what ever bullshit he had been dragged into.

However, his curiosity... and thirst for revenge made him quickly walk toward the rundown side building of the school, where the Occult Research Club resided.

Looking at wooded double doors, Amano sighed as he knocked.

After a few seconds, resident pretty of boy of school, and the most desire male student, Kiba Yuto opened the door with a smile.

"Ah, great. You didn't make it a hassle. Glad to see you've come around." Kiba responded.

Amano didn't reply and walked past him with a nod. Inside, Koneko was seated in one of two couches arranged in the center of the room, where a coffee table stood between. Behind the other couch was Akeno, and just getting out of the shower, was Rias, drying her hair with a towel.