Next day when Rishabh went in to check on Madhubala even before he could greet her, she told him "Sahasra is indeed prettier than me." "You went looking for her?" Rishabh asks her shocked. "Of course I wanted to see who my competition was." Madhubala replies. "What competition?" Rishabh asks chuckling as he took her chart, "For your attention." Madhubala says rolling her eyes. Rishabh looks at her shocked yet again this girl manages to surprise or rather shock him all the time. "Stop glaring at me, Papa." Madhubala tells her father then turning back her attention to Rishabh she asks "You didn't think I was joking yesterday did you?" when Rishabh doesn't reply to that Madhubala continues "I don't have much days left for me to joke around like that." "MADHUBALA! I have told you not to talk like that." Shamsher angrily scolds her. "I do believe that you just insulted me Ms. Malik." Rishabh says in a dangerously low tone. "Sorry Papa." Madhubala calls out then turning to Rishabh she asks "Insulted you?" "Of course, you just implied that I might won't be able to help you recover." "Oh that. One has to look at all eventualities." "I can't help you as long as you don't trust me, Ms.Malik." "I do trust you, it is just tomorrow that I don't trust. Tomorrow might just decide to come without Me." then turning to look at her father she makes an i-am-sorry face. "If you trust me, then trust me to make you face every tomorrow." "And face every Sahasra." Madhubala adds chuckling. Rishabh decides it was no use talking to her when she had her mind set on her dying as inevitable, though she has courage and he will give that to her. Her ability to smile through all this surely has gained his respect. He disliked those people who cried living and cried dying; in short neither did they live nor die happily. "Oh by the way, am I glad or what that Sahasra is getting discharged today. That kid did give me a sleepless night." Madhubala says relived. "I'll miss Sassy." Rishabh says thinking about the bubbly four years old. "You have a pet name for her?" Madhubala asks raising an eye brow. "Of course, she was the prettiest girl I've ever seen." Rishabh replies back smiling. "I should have met you before I lost my weight." Madhubala says in mock anger. Rishabh laughs hearing that and starts checking her pulse "I'm sorry if you got upset with me before." Madhubala says in a soft whisper, before Rishabh could react to that she was back to her naughty self "Now that Sassy is leaving, and I'll become the prettiest girl in this hospital shouldn't you be keeping me a pet name?" "You are crazy!" Rishabh says laughing. "Cute, but don't you think it is pretty long for a pet name? But it is your call; you are the one who is going to be calling me that." Madhubala asks with a thoughtful look while Rishabh looks at her as if she is really crazy. "Stop it, Madhubala." Shamsher says. "Come on, Papa. It is so boring out here." Madhubala replies then looking at Rishabh she adds "Of course, present company excluded." "Of course." Rishabh replies chuckling.

"Hello Rishabh!" Madhubala greets Rishabh as he walked into her room the next day with the nurse following him. Frowning at her Rishabh says "I do believe it is Dr. Kundra, Ms.Malik." "After all that happened between us yesterday I believe it is just Rishabh and Madhubala." Madhubala replies grinning. "All that happened between us? What happened between us?" Rishabh asks a little worried realizing the nurse's presence there. "As if you don't remember." Madhubala says shyly. Rishabh turns to look at Shamsher Malik for help and looks like he has given upon his daughter's behavior if the way he simply shrugged was any indication. "And who do we have here?" Madhubala asks frowning looking at the shocked nurse. "Were you scared to come alone?" Madhubala asks Rishabh teasingly. "No, she always comes with me for the rounds." Rishabh explains deciding not to have anymore discussion on Madhubala's previous talk. "She was not here yesterday or the day before." "She had an emergency yesterday and the day before I was not here on rounds." Rishabh explains. "So is she going to be here everyday from now on?" Madhubala asks with a frown. "Yes." Rishabh replies grinning. "UFF!!! As if Papa was not a kabab mein haddi already, we have another one." "WHAT?" Shamsher looks at her shocked and scandalized. "I do love you, Papa but you do come in Rishabh's and my way." Madhubala says fake shyness though she looked like she will burst out laughing any minute now especially after the nurse started coughing so much. "Stop it." Rishabh gently instructed her turning a little pink. "Alright." Madhubala concedes making Rishabh suspicious quickly she was not the one to quit so soon "So..." Madhubala says as she turns to look at the nurse and Rishabh knew that he was going to be royally embarrassed now. "Do you always accompany Rishabh in his rounds?" "Yes." the nurse replied to her as she went on about her duties. Madhubala sigh dramatically making Rishabh frown even more "What I wouldn't give to be in your place. Walking with Rishabh all the time, everyday." Hearing that and seeing the nurse's reaction Rishabh wanted to dig up a hole and hide in there but before that he wanted to kill Madhubala Malik. "Do you want to exchange place with me? You can lie in this bed all day while Rishabh and I go around looking in on other patients and spend time with each other." Madhubala says going dreamy. Suddenly Rishabh realized how lifeless and empty Madhubala felt her life was, enclosed in this room confined to this bed, though she was allowed to walk for a while it was not much. For a girl who wanted to live her every moment to the fullest this was a big torture. Her only entertainment was his visits; an image of her lying on her bed looking at the clock waiting for him to come flashed in his mind, that one image had filled his heart with so much pain and joy at the same time; of what pain and joy he didn't know. Rishabh turns to look at her and sees her watching him. "Stop dreaming of Sassy, she might have forgotten you already." Madhubala advices him then with a flashy smile she says "Instead think of me, I'll never forget you." Grinning Rishabh replies "Sassy will never forget me nor will I ever forget her." "So you think. You still haven't seen all of my charms! I do wish you had seen me before I lost my weight." "Stop fretting over your weight you look just fine to me." Rishabh says as he gets up to leave "WOW Rishabh! I do believe that my charms are starting to work on you and you are starting to forget Sassy." "Dream on!" Rishabh replies and was about to walk off when Madhubala holds his hand and pulls his closer to her and when he was near her she whispers into his ears "Don't bring her tomorrow." Rishabh knew she was talking about the nurse, without replying to her and ignoring both Shamsher and the nurse's face he walks out.