Mills & Boons Series 1 : Indecent Proposal

Start from the beginning

Madhu turns to Ria and sees her watching them with an amused smile.

"Shut up." Madhu tells her knowing full well what was going to follow. She turns to look at his door and sees the door closed. She sighs and smiles as she kept the rose on a glass of water. She wished he would stop this nonsense. It's seriously close to a year since he has been behind her. The dedication and sincerity he shows, one would think he wanted to marry her when in truth all he wanted was a sexy time between the sheets, his words to be exact. At least, he was honest about that and she had to give him that. And he has never misbehaved with her, the reason she had remained at the job in spite of him chasing her shamelessly for a year now.

Later, Madhu was working when Ria comes to her.

"Do you want to have coffee?" Ria asks her.

"Yeah, okay." Madhu replies smiling, she had been thinking of taking a break. She gets up and walks with Ria to the pantry as they talked. Ria was telling her about the latest office gossips. Madhu used to gossip about the office people before but now she stopped as she knew the biggest gossip of the office was that their boss was trying to get her to sleep with him.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" everyone shouts as she enters the pantry and Madhu stops in shock seeing her co-workers and Rishabh standing around the table with a cake on the table. Madhu looks at RK furiously as she walked towards him.

"What? It is office tradition." RK replies defensively.

"But you never take part in it." Madhu furiously whispers to him.

"That is because you are special." RK replies not so quietly winking at her. Madhu turns completely red in embarrassment. "Do you have any idea how beautiful you look when you blush?"

Madhu turns to look at everyone and they were watching like hawks. "I am so close to quitting."

"Wow... you mean no more threat on sexual harassment in workplace law suit?" RK asks excitedly.

Madhu looks at him helplessly.

"I was just joking, Madhu. Cut the cake and I am here because I consider you a friend." RK tells her as he passes the knife to her.

"I am not your friend." Madhu says furiously as she snatched the knife from him.

"But I am your friend." RK tells her smiling genuinely at her.

Madhu looks at him helplessly. When he smiled at her like that, something in her melted. Sighing, Madhu turns around and cuts the cake. She takes a piece and turns to Ria, "Ria..." Madhu says as she offered the cake.

Ria's eyes quickly darts between Madhu and RK nervously and she says quickly, "You give Chief first. I'll take the second one."

"No... you have this." Madhu insists.

"No. Give him first." Ria insists. When Madhu looked adamant, she whispers, "I don't want to lose my job."

"He is not going to fire you." Madhu whispers to her.

"Really?" RK asks Madhu from behind.

Madhu turns to him in shock and RK gives her a challenging look. Sighing loudly Madhu shoves the cake into his mouth making him chuckle and everyone else gasp out loudly. He takes a piece and takes it near her mouth. Madhu looks away furiously. "I can see Ria is important to you." RK says.

"Madhu... please?" Ria begs from behind.

Madhu opens her mouth and RK feeds her. Then he looks behind Madhu at Ria and grins at her, "I owe you."