1

chapter 1.
«deceive me sweetly»
— in my dreams [red velvet]

«deceive me sweetly»— in my dreams [red velvet]

"Jukyung!"

I looked up from my desk to see Han Seojun walking over to Jukyung with a big smirk on his face.

They both seem really close.

I don't think I've ever had a conversation with them. Jukyung and I do share similar personalities but for some reason we've never clicked. Seojun, on the other hand, is the complete opposite of me. I don't mind not speaking to him.

The door slid open and Mr. Han came rushing into the classroom, "everybody sit down please," he shouted.

The students all quickly finished their conversations before sitting down. Seojun looked at Jukyung one last time as he took his sweet time returning to his seat.

Despite sitting next to him, Han Seojun has never looked my way. He completely ignores me. I don't think he knows we're in the same homeroom.

Mr Han loudly clapped his hands before taking out a piece of paper, "we're starting a group project on a short story you and your partner will be working on."

The classroom began to get very excited. Everyone looked at their friends smiling, however their happiness was cut short when Mr. Han spoke once again.

"I chose your partners," he began looking over the paper he pulled out.

The students groaned and some even gently slammed their desks. I felt myself becoming nervous as I knew I wouldn't have the option to do this work on my own.

"Let's not get upset," he said.

A few names and complaints went by before Mr. Han finally got to me, "Bae Yeeun," he called out.

I looked at him and my heart began thumping. My eyes scanned all of my classmates and I sat there wondering who exactly of these people I was going to be stuck with.

"And Han Seojun," Mr. Han glanced over at him, "don't give me that look."

I looked at Seojun. He seemed annoyed and confused. He turned to the person next to him, "who's Bae Yeeun?" the boy he asked pointed at me.

My eyes shot down to my desk. My fingers twirled pieces of my hair as my breathing got heavier. Out of a nowhere, a pair of hands tapped my desk.