With Violet Light

(Y/n) looked down at the power ring in awe as Jennifer looked down at his new outfit. She liked it. Beside the boy appeared a lantern power battery. (Y/n) quickly bent down and picked up the battery before standing straight again.

"Speak our oath and pledge your devotion to the power of love"

Jenn couldn't hear what the ring was saying but by the look on her boyfriends face it was obvious it was saying something. "What is it?" She asked.

"It wants me to speak an oath. To pledge my loyalty to the powers of love" (y/n) replied as he looked down at the battery.

"Maybe we should-" Jenn was cut off by (y/n) speaking.

"For hearts long lost and full of fright," Somehow in his mind he knew the exact words needed to activate the lantern. "for those alone in blackest night." the ring and lantern began to glow bright. "Accept our ring and join our fight, love conquers all with violet light!" The ring absorbed energy and was now fully recharged.

"You are now a fully fledged member of the Star Sapphire Corps. Welcome (y/n) Bertinelli to the defenders of love throughout the universe"

With those final words the rings glow died down. "Did what I think just happened happen?" Jennifer asked after a moment of silence.

"Yes" (y/n) nodded as he took his hat off and placed it on the bed. "I may have acted a bit rashly... I should probably have thought about this a bit" he spoke as he looked down at his ring.

"It's a power ring. It wouldn't have just gone away" Jenn replied with a shrug. "May as well accept it"

"Alright. now let's test this out!" The boy spoke excitedly with a smirk. He aimed the ring at the girls desk.

"No!" Jennifer was quick to stand and block him. "Not in my room! Go destroy the training room. We have that for a reason!"

"Alright... that's actually a good point" (y/n) shrugged as he walked towards the door. "You coming?"

"Yes sir" Jenn gave a mock salute before following her boyfriend out the door.

Soon enough they were in the training room and (y/n) placed the lantern on the floor. "So how do I do this?" (Y/n) asked as he walked over to the wall and pressed a button causing targets to form.

"Well with me it's mostly about concentration on willpower" Jenn replied with a shrug. "Try that"

(Y/n) nodded before aiming his hand at one of the targets. He concentrated on what she said but nothing happened. "Nope. Not working" he sighed as he put his hand down.

"They said to pledge loyalty to the powers of love right?" Jenn asked after a moment of thinking. (Y/n) nodded in response. "Then focus on love. Maybe that'll work"

"Makes sense" (y/n) shrugged before once again aiming his arm at the target. This time he closed his eyes and thought about the feelings he felt while with Jennifer. A moment later he heard a shooting noise before quickly opening his eyes and seeing the target smoking.

"It worked!" Jennifer quickly wrapped her arms around her boyfriend from behind and kissed the back of his neck.

"This is so cool!" (Y/n) yelled excitedly as he began floating without realizing it. Jenn quickly let go of him so she stayed on the floor. "Hey! I'm flying!" (Y/n) said excitedly as he kept going higher. "This is great!"

(Y/n) flew around the room, slowly picking up speed. "Be careful!" Jenn called out but (y/n) didn't pay attention. He flew faster until he eventually hit a wall. Jenn used her powers to make a construct of a mattress for the boy to fall on.

"Ow" (y/n) muttered as he rubbed his head where he hit the wall. "That hurt"

"I can imagine" Jenn shook her head. "Let's get back to training though alright?" (Y/n) nodded before standing back up. "Let's try constructs"

"That shouldn't be to hard" he aimed his fist at the ground. It took a couple of moments but suddenly a giant violet ice cream cone appeared between him and Jennifer. "That looks yummy"

"Definitely" Jenn nodded as she stared at the ice cream. "Yummy" she said again before turning to (y/n). "Nice job! Wasn't sure you'd be able to do it first try"

"Have some faith in me Jennie. I'm great at this" the boy floated up as a violet glow surrounded him. "I'm a Star Sapphire now"

"You're also cocky" Jenn crossed her arms causing (y/n) to shake his head and float back down to the ground.

A couple hours of training later the two were walking back to Jenn's room. "What happened to the ring?!" They heard the male Robin yell angrily from a few rooms over.

They could hear footsteps coming so Jenn quickly pulled a mask out of (y/n)'s pocket and put it on his face.

"It chose you?" Stephanie and Tim looked at (y/n) as they entered the hall they were in. "You?"

"What's wrong with me?" (Y/n) asked as he crossed his arms and turned to the two Robins. "I look good in violet"

"It's just-" Stephanie considered her words before speaking more. "Usually the Star Sapphires are all women. We definitely didn't expect it to choose you"

"Oh. Guess the confusion makes sense then" (y/n) shrugged. "Well there are exceptions to every rule" (y/n) shrugged once again.

"I suppose so" Tim replied as he shook his head. "At least we know nobody evil has it"

"Well as far as you know at least" (y/n) smirked under his mask before grabbing Jenn's hand and pulling her past the two robins and towards her room.

Word count: 980