Batgirl And Robin

Cassandra Cain was nervous. She hadn't gone out as batgirl since she had discovered that her best friend was the new Question. She was scared that the moment the two alter egos met he would instantly realize it was her under the mask.

"Hey? Cass you in there?" Cassandra turned her head quickly to look at the girl beside her. Cassandra nodded. "You alright?" The girl speaking was Stephanie Brown, the newest of the two current Robins.

 "You alright?" The girl speaking was Stephanie Brown, the newest of the two current Robins

Cassandra nodded once again. "You haven't gone out in a week, everyone's worried" Cassandra just nodded again, She decided she'd stop with sign language, she wanted to either really speak or do nothing at all. "I'm going on patrol in a couple minutes, come with me?"

Cassandra stared at Stephanie before looking down at her own Batman hoodie. She sighed before nodding her head slowly.

Half an hour later Batgirl and Robin were jumping across Gotham rooftops.

"See? We've only been out a little while and you're already happier looking!" Steph pointed to the batgirls mask as they stopped running

"See? We've only been out a little while and you're already happier looking!" Steph pointed to the batgirls mask as they stopped running. "Or I'm going to guess you are at least... kinda hard to tell with that mask on"

Cassandra just nodded in response. "She doesn't talk much does she?" The two girls turned to see the two Questions standing on the edge of the roof.

"How the hell did you sneak up on us?!" Stephanie asked as she crossed her arms.

"We've been talking here for a while now. You two just landed behind us" the original Question replied with a shrug.

"Oh..." Steph nodded awkwardly as Cassandra facepalmed.

"I thought Robin was a guy?" (Y/n) asked causing Steph to look at him.

"Not this Robin. You're thinking of the other guy" she shook her head. "You're better off with me" Batgirl shook her head and gestured that Steph was dead wrong.

(Y/n) stared at Batgirl for a moment. Cass started to sweat under her mask, she really had been hoping to avoid this situation, she really didn't want him knowing about her night job. "You know I never would have guessed that you're the one under the batgirl mask" the boy smirked as Cass hid herself behind Stephanie.

"You two know each other?" Stephanie asked as she turned to Cassandra. "Is that why you haven't gone on patrol recently?" Cass sighed before nodding. Steph was about to speak as she turned back to the questions, that's when she realized the older one had disappeared, probably to actually do something productive.

"Were you trying to stop me from figuring you out?" (Y/n) asked with a smirk as he looked past Steph at Cassandra.

"Yeah, let's get an explanation" Stephanie said as she tried to pull Cass from behind her. She failed. "You can't hide behind me forever" Steph crossed her arms. Cassandra sighed before walking out and in front of her female companion.

"Nervous" Cassandra spoke quietly and slowly. (Y/n) smiled under his mask at how fast his friend was improving. "Ruin... friends" she motioned between her and (y/n) sadly.

"The fact that you hid something from me doesn't mean anything. I hid who I was from you too" (y/n) replied only for Batgirl to quickly hug him. He hugged her back.

"So cute!" The two saw the flash of a camera and quickly turned their heads to see Stephanie holding up her phone. "Sending to the group chat... now!" Cassandra groaned. She pulled out her phone and quickly replied to the text with a stream of angry emojis. She then put her phone away.

"Can I be added to this group chat?" (Y/n) spoke after a moment of silence.

"Sorry" Steph shrugged. "Batfamily only" Cassandra pat the boy on the back. "Ask again after the wedding" she smirked as she looked between the boy and Cass. Cass silently glared at Stephanie from behind her mask.

"I'll keep that in mind" (y/n) laughed awkwardly a bit. "One way or another I'm getting into that group chat" he smirked under his mask as he turned to Cass. She couldn't tell that he was smirking though so she just stared back, wondering what was going through his mind.

"Ooh! The reply's are coming in!" Steph stared down at her phone. "The other Robin says it's cute, Batman says to get your hands off his daughter, Oracle says for bats to lay off you, and Nightwing is very conflicted about this" Stephanie looked up to (y/n) and Cass only to see the girl texting. She looked back down at her phone again. "And Cass once again is just sending angry emoji's"

"Yeah... she's gonna make your next few days miserable" (y/n) said as he looked at Cass who looked up from her phone and nodded very quickly. Stephanie gulped nervously before slowly backing away.

Word count: 832

(The fact that this is truly a thing will always make me happy. Cass and her fucking emoji's are the greatest pair)

 Cass and her fucking emoji's are the greatest pair)