Chapter 20

The weather was getting colder, and before winter began, Jiang Nuan and the big guys went up the mountain to pick up some branches and chop some firewood to prepare for the winter.

    The crowd was scattered everywhere, Jiang Nuan found a good place with many branches of dry firewood and was bending over to pick it up and put it in the bamboo basket.

    After picking up this piece of land, Jiang Nuan planned to go inside a little bit, but suddenly Jiang Nuan's eyes widened. She saw an old man lying on the ground in front of her. She was frightened by this scene and her heart stopped suddenly, and her face paled. He stumbled and screamed.

    When the people who were picking up firewood not far away heard the woman's scream, they were startled, thinking that something had happened, and they all left their work and rushed over.

    "Jiang Zhiqing, what's the matter with you? What happened?" Chen Bin was the first to arrive and saw Jiang Nuan squatting on the ground trying to help the old man lying on the ground.

    Seeing someone coming, Jiang Nuan hurriedly said, "Brother Chen, I just picked up firewood and found this old man lying on the ground. He must have fainted. We have to send him down the mountain to let the village doctor see him!" She just slowed down. When God came, he immediately squatted on the ground to check whether the old man was breathing, put his hand in front of the old man's nose, there was air flow! Jiang Nuan took a deep breath before he dared to exhale.

    Li Hongying and the others also came, and several people stepped forward to help.

    When everyone saw the old man's appearance, their eyebrows twitched, and the hand they stretched out shrank back again. Zhang Jijun said, "Isn't this the stinky old ninth in the cowshed? Will we help him get arrested? ?" His tone revealed contempt for the old man, and his expression looked reluctant to help.

    "It's not that serious, the village chief probably wouldn't say it." Li Hongying couldn't bear to see such an old and frail old man lying here and letting it go.

    "Have you forgotten how these stinky old ninths were raped? I want to help you! I don't want to be dragged down!" Zhang Jijun said indifferently and left.

    Gu Xiang's face turned pale when he heard what Zhang Jijun said.

    Li Hongying was furious and was obviously irritated by Zhang Jijun's attitude: "You! You are simply inhuman!"

    Zhang Jijun paused when he heard this, but did not look back.

    Hearing this, Jiang Nuan frowned, "This is a matter of human life! Saving lives is the most important thing!"

    Jiang Nuan knew that the stinky old nine was an insulting title to intellectuals in the ***.

    In this great era, most people can only be swept away by the torrent of history, but intellectuals, who still insist on thinking about the fate of the country, nation and individuals, are regarded as great enemies and confronted, and a large number of upright intellectuals have been demoted For the "ghosts and ghosts of cow tongue", they were criticized for fighting stinky, closed cow sheds, and went to labor camps on inaccessible farms. Many excellent intellectuals could not survive and died here.

    Jiang Nuan felt very sad. Although she understood Zhang Jijun's inaction, she still felt angry and chilled.

    Su Xiaoyue agreed with Jiang Nuan's words, and she quickly said: "Hurry up and save people! We just need to be careful!"

    "Okay! You guys quickly bring people over, I'll carry your back!" Zhang Bin gritted his teeth, he really couldn't do it. Save this kind of thing.

    The old man was so thin that only his skin was wrapped in bones, and Zhang Bin walked quickly on his back.