41

ONE thing was on her mind as she walked across the road to the na's family home. And for once she had forgotten all about anything her parents ever said to her, her main focus was what she should do about wanting to quit.

She needed a second opinion. And who better than someone who once hated her?

The families planned another get together, mainly for Micha's parents to talk about their trip in Rio De Janerio. Or was it to brag?

Jaemin's mother quickly hugged Micha into a warm hug, whispering "are you okay?" to Micha as Micha's parents go distracted with talking to Jaemin's father.

Micha nodded and smiled at the lady who was like a mother to her now. A better mother than the one she really had.

Micha greeted Jaemin's father as well before making eye contact with Jaemin, who stood with his hands in his pockets and smile on his lips.

Micha moved her hand towards her neck and felt around until she felt the chain on the necklace. She lifted it up and showed the pendant. Jaemin smiled widened when he realised it was the necklace he got her.

"You two want to go to Jaemin's room? we'll talk down here."
Jaemin's father offered the two teenagers. The two just smiled at the parents and nodded, walking up the stairs. Micha could already hear her mother start bragging about the 5 star hotel.

They closed the door behind them once they reached his room and Jaemin sat down onto his bed.

"The trip was nice?"
He asked as she walked over to his desk and sat in his chair. She spun around to face him and nodded her head.

"Yeah. I made a friend too so it was great."

"That's good."

Silence fell upon them as they thought about two completely separate things. Minds occupied until micha decided to ask him. Perhaps nobody could give better advice then someone who once hated you, or still hates you.

"I've been thinking."
She started of slowly, fiddling with her fingers in her lap. She was nervous to even mention such a thing. She is known as one of the best swimmers in the school. The best that suddenly wants to quit. "Of quitting the team.."

There was a brief silence before Jaemin looked up at her, speaking gently. "May I ask why?"

"Just... don't like it anymore. I realised that I haven't for a while." She paused, half giggling as she thought of how bad she became recently. "Maybe that is why I can't swim as well as I used too."

Jaemin hummed and leaned back into his hands casually. He looked up at the roof, as though he was thinking as he spoke.
"if you don't like it..."

He looked towards her, speaking with a level of sincerity. He wasn't messing around with her.
"I think you should quit then."
he stood to his feet once he saw her sigh and shrug her shoulders. He stood in front of her and grabbed her hands.

"Micha."
Jaemin started sincerely. He held her hands gently and stared into her slightly widened eyes, surprised by his actions.
"I want you to do whatever will make you happy."

Micha smiled up at Jaemin until he spoke around, giving her a question she wasn't sure on how to answer.
"Would quitting make you happy?"

Micha looked down at their hands and stayed silent. She didn't even know if it would make her happy. Not yet at least.
"I need more time to think about it."

"I'll be here if you ever need."
Jaemin said with a grin, letting go of her hands and stepping back, sitting back onto his bed as Micha smiled with a nod.