5

SHE didn't plan to go to his house, but it was only polite to go when his mother offered to have her parents over for dinner 

Unfortunately, her mother and Jaemin's mother seemed to get along well once they realised they both loved cooking. So when his mother invited her mother over to cook together, it ended up becoming a dinner for both families.

"I have training."
Micha tried to persuade her parents, but she wasn't getting far as her mother just continued to pack a few of her favourite ingredients for dinners into a basket.

"Cancel it, you said you were tired anyway."
Her mother said, knowing very well that Micha did not have practice. She continued placing some spices into the basket before closing it moving to put away the dry dishes from earlier that day.

"I can't cancel."
Micha sat at the dinner table, her elbow on the table and her head resting on her hand. She could most definitely cancel it. Mainly because there wasn't training to be begin with.

"You never have training on a fridays, micha."
Her father interrupted. Micha looked away from her parents, trying her best to come up with an excuse but she had none. The one time she was free was the time she wished she wasn't.
"Now don't be rude and go to this dinner."

With a groan, she stood to her feet and walked past her parents to head to her bedroom. "Is it casual or formal?"

"Casual but classy. As always."
Her mother called out after her.

☁️

Micha walked across the road with her parents. She wore some black pants with a belt, matching with a white puff sleeve top. Dressing classy like her parents told her to do, as always.

Her father knocked on the door and after a few seconds, it was opened by non other than Jaemin. He wore a more casual outfit, black pants and black shirt.

He bowed to her parents and gave a quick glance to Micha. She looked past him however, finding the scent of food being more intriguing than a boy who didn't want to know her.

Her family entered the house and all started greeting each other, Micha following behind them and awkward introducing herself while giving the family apologies for not coming over sooner.

Her parents stood behind her with a proud smile on their faces as she did this to both of his parents, however their smile fell when she only looked at Jaemin who was sat at the couch.

Her mother walked behind her and whispered into her ear "you're forgetting someone, micha."

Micha looked back towards Jaemin and gave him a quick bow trying to ignore his confusion.
"I'm sorry for not coming over sooner and introducing myself."

She stood back up straight and turned to her parents who gave her a warm smile now. Only when they were satisfied with her actions did they treat her like they were her parents, other wise it felt like they were her boss at work.

As their mothers were in the kitchen and their fathers outside talking and drinking, Micha awkwardly sat on the couch, playing on her phone. Jaemin, who also sat on the couch, had awkwardly pressed himself against the side of the couch. The both of them trying to keep distance even if they were still sitting close.

"Why did you do that before?"
Jaemin asked, putting his phone down and turning to her. She gave him a quick glance before turning her head back to her phone.

"Rules."

"So formally though?"
Jaemin knew pretty well that most families in the neighbourhood were neat and classy families, but her family was almost like they were a business family kind of formal.

"My family is formal."

"You aren't very formal."
he thought back to that night of the party. kissing spontaneously at a party doesn't seem very formal.

"I am."

Jaemin raised an eyebrow at her before looking away with a smirk. She wasn't very formal at school with her friends, and especially wasn't at parties.

"I am when I have to be."
Micha corrected herself before standing up and leaving him to sit in the silent lounge room.