21

THEY walked back to his house, drenched in rain as the rain continued to pour on them. He wanted to run back home with her, but she stated she was too tired. mentally, emotionally and physically.

He pushed his front gate open and offered a hand out, gesturing her to go through first. She awkwardly walked past him and walked to the porch, where she waited for a few seconds as jaemin locked the gate. He jogged up to the porch, finally out of the rain and got his keys out. He unlocked the house and stepped inside first, peeking into the lounge room. The lights were off and he presumed his parents were either in the kitchen or upstairs.

He took his shoes off and closed the door behind micha. She stood there, not knowing what to do now that she was drenched.

"oh my god what happened to you too!"
Jaemin's mother exclaimed as she practically ran over. She took Michas jacket off and micha stood there, admiring his mother and dreading her own. His mother was so motherly. so nice.

"got caught in the rain.."
Jaemin muttered as he looked at Micha, an awkward expression across his face as he had no one to explain why they were to together without exposing her.

But it was almost as if his mother sensed that something was wrong, and instead of pushing on it, she just ushered the girl to the lounge room and told her son to turn the heater on while she ran up stairs to get some new clothes for the both of them.

Micha stood in front of the heater as jaemin turned it on. She was shivering at this point, completely freezing. Jaemin stood next to her, turning to her slowly. He gently put his arms around her to try and get her warm.

"You're shivering.. you should've put more clothes on." He said quietly next to her ear as she turned around in his arms and faced him. "I didn't exactly plan the cold weather and the rain."

Jaemin's mother came back down stairs, along side her was his father. He had a towel in his hands and a worried expression across his face.

Jaemin's mother came up to her and gave her some clothes. "these are my clothes, they should fit you though."

Jaemin removed his arms from around her, and she felt cold again without his small amount of warmth he gave her.

"Go take a shower sweetheart, you're absolutely freezing." his mother said, her hand on michas back, soothing rubbing her as she spoke gently.
"it's the first door at the top of the staircase."

Micha nodded without a word, feeling to cold to even speak up. She bowed to the two adults before walking to the stairs.

"Jaemin, take one after her, okay? For now stay in front of the heater." Jaemin hummed and sat down on the ground, his knees brought up to his chest and his arms wrapped around his legs as he tried to get his warmth back.

Micha wished her own mother was like this. So caring and nice to someone who wasn't their own, while also being equally sweet to their own.

Micha tied her hair up with a hair tie she saw on the counter, mentally hoping it was okay to use it. She got into the shower, and couldn't tell if she was burning or not as the warm water hit her skin. Her cold body felt like it was going numb under the warm water, but soon enough, she felt warm again and sighed heavily.

She leaned her hair back,letting the water run down her body as she tried to wash her problems away too.

She couldn't believe the fact she cried in front of jaemin, heck she couldn't believe she told him everything that upset her today when she wasn't planning on telling anyone at first.

She used a small amount of the body wash and got out of the shower once she felt warm and clean enough. Still slightly cold though, she got changed into the new clothes, thankful that her garments didn't get that wet and were still wearable.

She got out of the bathroom and handed the towel to Jaemin's mother as Jaemin rushed upstairs to go shower. His father was in the lounge room again now, sitting on the couch watching the television that was put on. Yet once she entered he turned to her and gave her a gentle smile. It felt unreal to have a parental figures smiling at her so genuinely and taking care of her without even knowing about her or what happened.