23

SHE woke up, her eyes fluttering open as she felt the cool breeze on her. She snuggled further into the covers until she heard some rustling around the room. Then realisation hit her that she was not in her bed, nor her room. She cautiously looked around and saw Jaemin. He was grabbing a few things off his desk and putting them into his bag.

She threw her head bag and hit the pillow. Her nose was blocked and her head was pounding.
great, I'm sick. She thought to herself while wishing she was in her own room.

"Morning."
Jaemin was suddenly next to her, startling her. he grabbed his phone off the bedside table and walked off again to get his bag.

"Morning."
Her voice was croaky and extremely sore, she regretted even speaking.

"you're sick?"
"no"
"you sound sick"
"I'm not"
"well I'm sick too"

She looked over at him, one eye closed and the other half closed as her head pounded even harder, she felt like crying. He looked fine, other than the few sniffles and almost constant cough he kept having.

She then saw Jaemin grab his uniform form his closet when it finally hit her that it wasn't the end of the week yet. In fact it was Thursday. She tried to sit up but was to no avail when she immediately laid back down and held her head.

"Maybe don't go to school."
Jaemin said, looking at her. She sighed and only nodded, not feeling up to do anything, especially now that she was sick. Nothing was going her way.

"Why are you going if you're sick?"
She asked quietly, trying to keep her voice from breaking and throat from hurting. She was already on the edge of crying from her headache that was beginning to frustrate her.

"I have practice today. It's important since we're also going to be given information on our first game of the year."
Micha didn't respond, only nodding her head slightly despite him not looking her way. He assumed she went back to sleep, so without another word, he left the room with his uniform in hand and bag.

Jaemin bid his mother goodbye, informing her that micha was still in his room. Sure, he didn't exactly trust having someone he supposedly hates alone in his room, but Micha was... different. she was an exception.

He walked to school, trying to ignore his symptoms that kept hitting him across the head. His head was now pounding harder than ever, he felt like he just got a soccer ball kicked straight to it, in fact it felt even worse.

He arrived at school and instead of looking for his friends, he went straight to the basketball courts where they were meeting for practice. A few minutes later the bell went, and he felt even worse than when he woke up.

He started regretting not wearing warmer clothes last night, but then again it wasn't like he planned going out into the cold air and rain with her.

"Hey man."
Haechan said, sitting down next to him. Jaemin looked at him, sniffling in the process as he tried to greet his friend with a smile

"You look shit"
Haechan muttered nonchalantly. Jaemin's half smile turned into a glare as he looked away and sniffles again.

"Yeah well that's what happens when you get sick." Jaemin retorted, lowering his head to look at the ground.

"How'd you get sick."
Haechan asked as Jeno and Yujun sat down next to him, the two of them just smiling before having their own conversation.

"Went out into the rain last night."
Haechan's jaw dropped in pure surprise. He raised and eyebrow and leaned forwards, almost as if he didn't believe Jaemin really did that. "Now why would you do that? are you dumb?"

"I didn't know it was going to rain. Besides I had my reasons."
Haechan just shook his head before looking up to the front where the coach stood, getting ready to speak to the class.

Jaemin zoned out completely, and it wasn't until he saw everyone standing up that he realised it was beginning. He looked at haechan and tapped his shoulder weakly, so faintly that wouldn't have noticed if he didn't see Jaemin in his peripheral vision.
"What are we doing?"

"Running laps. Only a few. He said it's too cold so it can warm us up or some shit."

Jaemin hummed and started jogging beside his friends who were chatting to each other. Haechan soon noticed Jaemin getting slower and started yelling for him to hurry up, yet he stopped yelling and instead slowed down himself to match Jaemin's pace. He looked at his face and tried to stop Jaemin.
"Hey hey Jaemin stop it- you look really sick right now."

"I'm fine-"
He tripped on his own foot and started stumbling before collecting himself. Sure, his head felt heavy as fuck and his vision was going blurry. Sure he had no strength throughout his body... but he was fineeee. or so he thought, until he fell into the ground, only managing to hear Haechan's panicked yells for the coach as he knelled next to Jaemin, before it all went black.