2

THE first day of school came faster than everyone was hoping for. Classes were sorted out and sport teams were put together - like every year, it was basically the same team of players for every sport. Micha in her swimming, Yujun in basketball with Haechan, Jeno and Jaemin. Most of her friends were in other things such as the arts or the performance.

Micha slammed her locker shut and almost screamed when she saw somebody towering over her once she turned around. Yujun stepped back in surprise but soon cracked into laughing when he saw her unimpressed expression.

"You have swimming training today, right?"
He asked, readjusting the laptop and books in his hands. Class was in just a few minutes and here he was, having a conversation.

"Yep. the day I have to get back into swimming after break."
She sighed and began to feel the immediate regret from not training at all.

"What? you don't train at all over holidays?"
Yujun was shocked because unlike her, his teams met up at least ten times over the break just to train and play basketball.

"Not training. More like just casual swimming."

"Well I'll come and watch you to support you!!"
Yujun was giggling like he already knew what her response was going to be.

"Please don't-"
The bell went before Micha could express her embarrassment, and of ran Yujun who was still giggling with a grin.

☁️

She jumped into the pool of water and held her breath, going under the water. She crossed her legs and started to push the water up with her hands, until she was sat on the bottom of the pool. She remained for what seemed like forever before pushing off the bottom and gasping for air once she got her head out of the water.

"Two seconds less than usual."
Her trainer said, clicking the pen and writing the results down.

"Not too bad considering I didn't train over the holidays."

Her coach just smiled and walked over to another girl on the team. They all like to practice holding their breath just in case they ever miss a few of the breath breaks when swimming.

Micha swam to the edge and rested her arms on the side of the pool, holding herself up. she looked around and saw Yujun, with Haechan and Jeno. Haechan was holding a sign that had 'GO MICHA' written in blue highlighter.

Micha looked down in embarrassment and heard their laughters. Haechan started screaming "Go Micha go Micha." on repeat until he was sent a warning glare by Micha's trainer.

"You guys are embarrassments!!"

They all laughed and started making hearts with their hands, only pissing her off more. they weren't even close friends other than Yujun.

She was then called back by her trainer and the session continued. She swam multiple laps, feeling a slight burn in her body by the fifteenth lap. She stopped once reaching the edge and looked up at her trainer who was looked back down at her with a raised eyebrow.

"You have a swimming contest in a few weeks. you need to get back into it, Micha." Is all the trainer said before doing her normal walk arounds the pool, watching the girls and their swimming form.

Micha climbed out of the pool, sitting on the edge before sighing to herself.
"I need to get it together."
She whispered almost as if she was scolding herself. She stood to her feet and walked over to her cheerleading squad, who had big smiles on their faces.

"I'll enjoy coming here every time you train."
Haechan said with a grin, knowing very well she didn't want any of them there.

"oh for sure! I'll love to push you into the deep end!" Micha exclaimed in a sarcastic voice, clasping her hands together as the cherry on top of her act.

Haechan stood up and walked away from her, backing up until he almost tripped over on a different bench.

"You know Jaemin was meant to come here but he said he had something to do."
Yujun said as he pulled his phone out, trying to text Jaemin but soon realised Jaemin never replied fast. He was extremely good at giving everyone late replies.

"doesn't matter. I'm going to go home now, so bye cheerleaders."

Micha walked off even after hearing them whine and call her back over to them. She didn't even turn back to them when she heard jeno yell "COME BACK" with a loud voice crack. Though she did visibly laugh at him.