3

THE following week was spent with an almost regular routine. Do school classes, hang out with Youngmi during breaks, then go to swimming training after school. Of course her cheerleaders were there most days - with the exception of when they had training or homework.

Micha walked around the schools empty hallways, trying to find the nurses office. They had recently moved it to better suit all the sport players that constantly got injured.

Her arm had been aching all day and she wasn't sure why. She had a rough guess that it was because she hadn't swum seriously in a long time, but it didn't help that she had to raise her arms a lot in class.

She pushed open the door to the nurses office and saw the nurse treating a boys knee. Jaemin to be exact. The nurse turned her head and smiled at micha before quickly applying Jaemin's Band-Aid.
"Be more careful Jaemin-"

He then showed her his hand - that had quite a few scratches and was slightly bleeding. The nurse sighed and moved back from him as he just dumbly smiled at her.

"So Micha, what's the issue?"

"My arm has been aching... a lot. I was wondering if there was any medication I could take to ease it?"

"hmm I do have some that will help but I suggest you just try to go easy on it."

Micha just nodded and took a seat on the bed across the room from Jaemin and the nurse. The nurse cleaned his wounds quickly before walking over to her desk, searching for a piece of paper before turning to face him again.

"I'll be back I need to get you the late slip."

It was a piece of paper the nurse would give students to give to their teachers when they get back to class - just to explain that they are injured and what injuries they have.

The room was silent once she left. Micha busied herself with fiddling the sheets of the bed. Whereas jaemin just mindlessly stared out the window.

"I regret kissing you that night." Micha said before she even registered what she said. Jaemin looked over at her and blankly looked at her.

"I feel the same way."
He said nonchalantly. he didn't seem to realise it, but as he thought after the night, his eyes turned more into a glare than a normal look. It just didn't help that he was staring at Micha.

"Maybe we have different reasons.."
Micha mumbled, noticing his glare on her was like he hated her. She wasn't sure what she did.

"Whatever it may be."
He stood up and walked over to the door, ready to receive the paper from the nurse when she came back.
"Just don't talk to me anymore."

Micha looked to the opposite side of the room, feeling her stomach fall. She didn't anticipate him practically hating her, let along telling her to never speak to him.

She would be lying if she said it didn't hurt her feelings.

She didn't realise the cheery basketball player could say such words with a cold voice.

☁️

Her feet trudged along the ground as she tried to keep herself walking. She just finished swimming lessons and now had to manage to get herself home without falling from exhaustion. She was used to this at the start of every year. Her bodys ability wasn't like her other team mates who were born to be swimmers. But she was on the team so she always put in the effort, even if it tired her.

She reached her house so quickly that she wondered if she had blacked out half way and not noticed she was still walking. She saw that her neighbours from across the road had moved out recently, which explains why there was two new cars and boxes out the front of the house.

She felt bad for not going to introduce herself like her parents always told her to do, but decided she was to exhausted to go greet them now and after a nap, she would go with her mother.

It wasn't until she heard the familiar voice of a boy she knew. She turned around and saw Jaemin with a lady, talking and carrying boxes into the house.

god please tell me he is just helping his aunt. please, please, please.

But then she remembered the unfortunate detail she heard Jeno and Yujun talking about how Jaemin was moving houses to live closer to the school.

oh. what a great day it was.