25

SCHOOL hours finished and Micha was now on her phone, getting ready to call a few of her friends trying to find someone who would let her sleepover one night. Youngmi finally picked up and replied with a tired hello.

"Did you enjoy school?"
Micha snickered, knowing her friend would be upset that she wasn't there.

"ha ha ha so funny Micha. Why weren't you here."

"I'm sick. I'm feeling a bit better now but I'll see how I feel tomorrow."

That's when it occurred to her that she was sick. Of course, she knew that. But she knew by now you should not be going out and being with people when you're sick. It risked them getting sick too, even if it was just a mild cold.

She didn't have much choice anymore. Her only choice was to go home and suffer the consequences.

"Huh. That's funny, Jaemin is sick as well. He went home today."

"Maybe it's just this side of the neighbourhood with bad luck." Micha quickly said, laughing it of as she tried to sound as casually as possible.

"Well hopefully you feel better. I don't know how much more I can handle from these boys."

After a while the two friends hung up the call. Micha didn't end up asking to go to her friends house. Instead she focused her mind on getting the courage to go home.

It was like the world was against her, because she then realised while going through her messages that her mother had messaged her earlier in the morning.

mother
if you're not home by 7pm, don't you dare come home at all.
how dare you just run out of this house and not come home at all?

Micha sighed and threw her head back into the couch in frustration, mumbling random noises of anger and all her mixed emotions. So now she really had no option but to return home.

Jaemin came down from upstairs just as she hung up the phone. Micha looked towards him as he walked into the lounge room and reached for the television remote, turning the tv on.
"You're awake from your nap sleepy beauty?"
Micha teased, yet she only earned a nod from him as he sat down on the other side of the couch, leaning back into the seat as he watched the tv.

Micha sat there trying to be quiet as she did some heavy breathing practices. So maybe she was extremely nervous to go home.

"Why are you breathing like that?"

Micha opened her eyes, looking at Jaemin who was still looking at the tv yet he was most definitely talking to her. "It's called breathing exercises?"

"What for?" He asked, still not looking at her yet he sounded more intrigued.

"I'm going home." Jaemin fell silent and finally looked away from the tv, turning towards her. His gaze softened when he saw her, her bottom lip was quivering and he eyes shaking between looking at multiple different things.

"You can stay here another night-"

"It's okay. i need to go home any way."
Micha stood up and grabbed her bag, walking back a bit, trying to ignore Jaemin's lingering stare on her. "I'll go now."

Jaemin hummed and watched as she went to look for his parents. Soon enough she appeared again, at his front door opening it while saying goodbye to his parents who were closing the door behind her. He looked behind him, our the window where he saw her cross the road and go to her house.

He didn't even know if he hated her anymore. He enjoyed how they were seemingly being nice to one another and not ignoring each other, but then again, did he really hate her to begin with?