Gitme!

The next day, Sanem is in and out of consciousness, she feels a comforting presence surrounding her but whenever she opened her eyes, she would find herself alone in her hospital room.

She is too exhausted to think about it and sleeps the whole day mostly due to the heavy medicines.

The next morning, she slowly wakes up to see the stranger dozing off in a corner, she should be afraid but she feels more assured and secure with his presence rather than getting alarmed, which should be strange but it isn't.

Jaan slowly wakes up after a restless sleep having sat vigilant in a corner and realizes Sanem is awake; he silently stands to go out of the room like he had been doing previously. He had stayed with her the whole day yesterday but had managed to get out of the room before she could wake up. He didn't want to startle her or put her in an uncomfortable position.

He turns to leave but Sanem stops him with a gentle "please don't leave.  Stay" .

Just those words seem to breathe a new life in him; he is transported back to the riverfront where he had said these exact words to Sanem.

Though back then she was scared of him,hiding things and had run away, he won't be making the same mistake!

She might not remember him but her using the same words in similar manner give him hope. 

He turns and hesitantly says "I didn't want to leave you all alone in the night, what if you needed anything."

It touches her heart and she realizes that it was his presence that felt like a security blanket to her subconscious mind.

She shyly says "I still don't know your name?"

It tickles Jaan's funny bone that, that she is asking for an introduction! He laughs quietly, and introduces himself "I am Jaan Divit".

Sanem repeats his name "Jaan Divit" as if tasting an exotic dish for the first time and finding it utterly delicious.

If Jaan could get away with it, he would have kissed the hell out of her but he knew how skittish his Sanem was and checks himself on time.

This time Sanem seems to be a bit friendlier and says "ok Jaan Divit, we know I was in an accident and don't remember a certain part of my life, for some reason my parents don't think you are a threat, which is safe to assume I knew you. Want to tell me what happened?"

This is it! His opening! He can tell her the whole thing, layout everything out in the open and be done with it but then he notices Sanem rubbing her temple and asks "headache?"

"Yeah," Sanem says "I am trying to recollect, where I know you from and all its doing is giving me a headache and I have fishes swimming in my right eye!"

Fishes? What the hell! Jaan goes into panic mode and yells for the doctors and nurses to come and check on her!

A nurse hurriedly comes in to see what the whole yelling is about and sees Sanem clutching her head while Jaan hyperventilating.

She goes to check Sanem's blood pressure which was on the higher side and checks her pupils. She checks Sanem's IV and informs Jaan that Sanem needs rest and he should probably go home.

Just hearing someone asking Jaan to leave gets the heart machines beeping loudly, Sanem yelps "No! Don't make him leave!"

The nurse tries to calm her but its Jaan who manages to get her under control, he takes her hand and says " looks at me Sanem!" she is still in her panic and needs more coaxing from Jaan "Looks at me, breathe! Come on, you can do it! Deep breathes with me".

In and out they practice breathing and then Jaan says "I am not leaving this hospital till you ask me to; no one can drag me out!" 

"You need to believe me when I say I won't leave".

That does the trick, Sanem calms down and with the help of the nurse they get her to lay back and she once again goes to sleep but this time holding Jaan's hand.

When she is asleep the nurse whispers to him that Sanem needs complete rest and she should not be stressing her brain too much by trying to remember things. These things take time.

Jaan resolves not to push Sanem but to gently and slowly try to help regain her memory.

The next time Sanem wakes up, Jaan makes sure she has something good to eat; the hospital food was bland enough to make anyone sick!

Sanem is surprised by this gesture and is vocal about how glad she is to eat something tasty! She attacks her food with gusto. Jaan is amused to see her animated over food, it's the small things that give her happiness, and it's such a delight to watch her.

Sanem who is halfway through her meal, notices Jaan staring at her and asks "is there something on my face?" then points at his uneaten food, with a chuckle Jaan starts eating when she asks "this is not the first time you are eating with me? Is it? why do I feel like we have had meals around riverfront? "

Jaan is hesitant because of the earlier incident but cautiously says "because we have" .

Sanem asks him to elaborate and he carries on "before the accident, you used to work in Fikri Harika as an intern".

Sanem scoffs off "Fikri Harika! pftt! That's where Leyla works! I could never be glamorous enough to work in an ad agency!"

Jaan doesn't like Sanem putting herself down in front of him but for now, he refrains.

One step at a time is his mantra and he will not rush Sanem!

He says instead "No you worked as an intern and were promoted to creative executive, you are quite brilliant at your work!"

It is hard for Sanem to believe what Jaan is saying and she says "I have graduated from poultry school! how on earth did I land up as a creative executive?"

Jaan can see that she needs a lot of convincing and suddenly an idea strikes, he says "will you be willing to meet people from the office? Since your accident JeJe has been dying to meet you but Ayhan has held him off, then there is Guliz, Deren...." before he could complete the list of her friends Sanem asks "who is JeJe and why is Ayhan responsible for holding him off from here?"

As far as she knew, Ayhan didn't date anyone, and the way Jaan said, it implied as if there was something between those two! Sanem is itching to meet Ayhan and Osman! She was told they visited her while she was sleeping and she missed having them around.

Jaan can see his curious Sanem emerging slowly and says "we will get JeJe first to meet you, then one by one everyone else. okay?"

"Yeah okay", she agrees hoping that JeJe is accompanied by Ayhan; she will be able to clear things for her.

This much excitement has taken a toll on her. She sets aside her tray and lies down, Jaan goes to clear up the dishes from bed when she holds his hand and drowsily says "don't leave" and promptly falling asleep, Jaan solemnly swears-

"I promise never to leave you again Sanem".