8~ The Sneaky Set-up

Warning: there is a giant cliffhanger at the end!!!!!
----------------------------------------------"So how about we go to the beach so I can relax after this incident?"
"Sure thing!" Danny replied and opened the car door for me. It was a casual Saturday morning, about 6am. I went home last night and had a terrible night sleep. I woke up constantly until I texted Danny to come get me.

We arrived at the beach, too early for anyone to be there. It was the perfect time to tell Danny. "So Daniel, I need to tell you something super important." I said as we sat down on the sand. "Yeah, you can tell me anything." "Well, I like... Ryan?!?!" I started my sentence but soon saw Ryan Sanders running along the beach shore. "Huh?" "Nothing, I like rhyming! I rhyme all the time!"

Typical.

"Whose Ryan?" He stood up. "Nothing, I mean no one." I looked over to Ryan and saw he was coming this way.

Again, typical.

"Hey Zoey! Is this the dude from the airport?" Ryan's face soon turned into a serious one. "No, I don't know who this is!" I stepped away from Danny, I mean boy I don't know. "Whose this guy?" Danny asked me. "Yeah whose he!" Ryan asked me. "Can you both please stop asking me all these questions! Geez, it feels like I'm back at the hospital!" I shouted and grabbed my head. "You were in the hospital?!" Ryan grabbed my face and held it. "Hands off her!" Danny grabbed Ryan. "Guys, please don't!"

My worst nightmare, the guy I like meeting the guy I don't want to like! For the third, and probably not the last time, Typical.

Snapping me out of my thoughts, they both said in unison, "Whose he!" "Ugh! Danny, this is Ryan Sanders, a friend from school. Ryan, this is Danny, an old friend whose visiting for the summer." they both processed my words for a moment. "So what are you two doing here?" Ryan asked finally. "Taking a casual stroll on the beach." "I thought you were thinking about my question." He said.

Face palm.

"Not right now." "What question?" Danny asked confused. "Nothing okay!" I yelled and walked away, grabbing Ryan's arm. "We will be right back." I said through gritted teeth.

We ran up a small sand dune and sat down again. "How could you?!" I said tearing up. "What did I do?" He clearly doesn't understand what's going on. "Are you crying?" Okay, he really doesn't understand what's going on. "I'm not crying," lies, "you basically ruined my relationship!" I whisper yelled. "Relationship?!" He put his hands on his hips like a little diva. "Yes, I was here to tell Danny that I like him! And you just came on in here and ruined it! It took me years to get enough courage to tell him and you come in here and ruin it in a second!" I stressed. "You think you're in bad shape?! I just got my heart broken by the girl I really liked! All because of your sneaky little set up here! I see what's going on! You just want me to stop being interested! Well your stupid plan worked, were done. And the most sad part is, that we never even started. Here, after my run I was gonna stop by and give you these." he finished his novel and through a bouquet of roses at me. He got up and left me alone with my tears.

Well I did not expect that. Goodness, the jerk was right. He wasn't the one at fault here. But everything will be alright, he'll have a new girl around his arm by Monday. No biggy.. right? Right?!

Now I had to go down and face Danny. Nevermind... "You like me?!" I guess he heard all of it. See, I was right about something, it won't be the last time: Typical.