7~ Date?

R: So, it's been like a month since I asked you out, are you ever going to be finished thinking about it?!
Z: I don't know, are you ever going to be finished asking me if I'm finished thinking about it?!
R: touché.
Z: If we were to go out, where would we go...
R: you're the girl, you choose... geez.
Z: you're the one who asked me out!
R: well you're the one who told me to kiss you!
Z: touché... I'll think about where we should go.. jerk.
R: jerk whose paying for wherever we go.

"Who ya texting?" Danny asked me and I turned off my phone. "No one, I realize it's rude to text when we're out to lunch." "It's not as much lunch, more like a friendly offering." he smiled.

#Friendzoned

I slurped up my milkshake and gave him a look like I was ready to leave. He gave me a suspicious glare back but then went along with it. "So, where to now?" He opened the car door for me. "I want to go to the park." I teased like a child. He took my sarcasm and he rolled it right off his chest. "Home it is." he humbled. "Actually, lets go back to your room." I trailed off. "There's nothing to do there." he gave me the same tone. "Let's go there and talk." and with that, we drove away.

"So what's there to talk about?" He plopped on the bed. I was lost in thought. Should I tell him? What about Ryan? What if he doesn't feel the same way? What if he does?! "Zoey?" His voice startled me out of my thoughts. "Huh?" "Zoey?!?!" I felt a thud on the floor, I had collapsed. I didn't remember anything prior.

"She's waking up!" I heard a familiar voice shout. "What happened?" I asked. "Have you gotten yourself into some type of drug?! I never raised you this way!" I felt a cold hand slap my cheek with all their might. I've felt that slap for years, my mothers. I went to grab my cheek but something was holding my arm down, an IV. Tears streamed down my face. I opened my eyes but could only see waterfalls covering them. I heard shuffling and a door close and everything went silent.

"Whose there?" I asked through my tears. "Your mother is in the hallway, it's just Dan." I felt him grab my hand. I couldn't control my emotions. I just sat there and kept crying. "I've never seen her slap you before," Danny continued, "are you alright?" "I guess so. What happened?" I said softly, letting his hand go. "You just stared into deep space and didn't answer me. Then suddenly you fainted and I called for help and they brought you here. "What time is it?" "It's 3:00am." "You stayed here this long?" I said, still crying. "Of course."

Maybe he does feel the same way...

"You're all set to go home. You're lucky you've got a boyfriend like this to watch after you." the lady at the desk smiled. Danny started denying but I took it as my opportunity to start opening up. "I sure am." I gave him a small kiss on the cheek.

And that folks is how you land your first "kiss".

We walked away from the desk and Danny asked me, "What was that for?" I just went casual and replied, "I'm practicing my acting skills." He didn't deny, he just went along with it. That's how good of friends we are, no matter what, he never denys my weirdness.