Chapter 61.) 1 Truth, More Lies

"You crazyyyy, school used to be lit during Halloween week!" Dante said to Laiya as they sat in the kitchen eating breakfast. It was October the third and the world was already thinking about Halloween.

"It feels the same to me, what are your parents gonna do?"

"Ava's hosting a party, so we'll be there. I'm tryna go to Hallow-Scream tho, wassup?"

"You and that damn Busch Gardens," Dajon interjected as he entered the kitchen, "Morning Lay."

"Good morning," she smiled then smiled wider when Ary walked in. "Aryyyy!"

"Layyyyy!" Ary mimicked her, "did your dad drop you off?"

"Yup, Dajon said I could sleep over."

Ary smirked at Dajon, "I bet he did," she walked around and stole a piece of Dante's waffle.

"You love eating my food," he chuckled.

"It tastes better," she stole another bite before grabbing the plate Dajon fixed for her.

"Impossible," he replied.

"Lucy been bothering you?" Dajon asked Laiya.

"Un-uh," she mumbled.

"What about your sister?" Ary queried.

Laiya cut her eyes to Dante, "No."

Dante gave her a disapproving look but decided not to reply.

Dajon stared at her then furrowed his brows, "Lack of eye contact means your lying... what she do?"

Laiya sighed, "Nothing."

"Lay," Ary quirked a brow.

"Nothing," she stood and headed towards the sink.

Dajon glanced at Dante then at Laiya, "Lay."

"We... she cursed me out the other day... said I was a traitor and ungrateful."

"Tell me again what you saw in that bitch?" Ary eyed Dajon and Dante busted out laughing when his jaw dropped.

"Why are you coming at me? That was high school shit," Dajon frowned.

"And college, the bitch ain't wrapped too tight just like her looney ass mama."

"Mom," Dante whispered.

"I'll be outside," Laiya mumbled as she grabbed her bag and phone.

"Lay—"

"It's fine," she cut Ary off before rushing out.

"Damn it... I mean darn it... I keep forgetting she has a sweet spot for their sorry asses,"

"I'll talk to her," standing, Dante tossed the paper plate and grabbed his keys before heading out.

Dajon stared at Ary then chuckled, "Are you still upset with me for dating her?"

"No, I'm... she needs her ass whooped. She's being a damn bully as if she forgot that her ditzy ass used to get picked on until you forced her to speak up. I can't stand people like her."

"Unfortunately, she's Lay's sister and Lay seems to like her still... for now," Dajon reminded.

"And that's the only reason I haven't paid her a visit. Let her keep bullying her damn sister, I swear on my brother's grave, I'ma choke that bitch out."

Dajon smirked, "You better not."

***

"There were sixty counts of homicides that the agency could link to him, which was why he was labeled a serial murderer. There was also drug trafficking but had no evidence of that, and gang activity," Von casually read the charges to Dajon.