Chapter 40.) Amends

Kairo and Ava sat inside the bakery for an additional ten minutes expecting Lucky to come back inside but when he didn't, they realized he had no intentions to. Ordering something to go, the pair joined him outside ten minutes after. Things were quiet on their walk other than the locals talking, the train, bikers, and traffic passing through. It was going on 5 in the evening, the temperature dropped a bit and the trio was heading to the rental as Kairo rambled on about something that didn't make any type of sense to Lucky.

"I'm just saying, business could def take off out here."

"Ain't nobody moving up here with yo antsy ass," Lucky dismissed Kairo as his phone vibrated.

Forgetting that he even had it, Lucky stepped back from Ava and answered as she continued feeding into Kairo's mess.

"Yo?"

"Heard you back home," Frank said.

Lucky's brows knitted as he looked around the area, "Why tha' fuck you still on my dick? All dat money you sitting on, yo ass can't pick anotha' rookie?"

Frank chuckled, "My services have been taken care of, goon. But we do need to talk."

"I ain't got shit to say to you. I already paid yo ass back before I moved on to my otha' contract. Fuck you on my top for? I 'ont owe you nuffin' my nigga."

"Calm down," Frank casually replied, "I would like to settle things if you're serious about dat woman of yours."

Lucky's eyes became slit as his eyes darted around each building, "You clocking me?"

"You brought her there twice before, people talk. Not to mention, you thought I attacked her and I don't even know where you live. Obviously, she means something."

"Ay, dawg on some real shit, stay in yo fuckin' city and stay out my fuckin' business. You tryna get a rise outta me and you ain't gon' like tha' consequences of yo threats, so handle yo' self lightly with me, my G," Lucky warned him.

"Ok," Frank replied, "I'll be in touch when I need you."

"Find you some pussy to swim in and stay off my line. Dis yo final warning," hanging up, Lucky's eyes lingered on one of the taller buildings before he turned around just to lock eyes with Ava and Kairo.

"Um... who was dat?" Kairo queried.

"Lil situation," Lucky avoided Ava's gaze as he opened the passenger door for her.

"Was dat him?" She asked.

"I got it," he replied.

Deciding to mind his business, Kairo climbed into the backseat.

Squinting, Ava cocked her head, "I told you about my dream."

"He ain't dumb," he brushed it off.

"Oh?" She quirked a brow, "Yet he keeps calling you. Your threats are not scaring him. Why are you taking dis so lightly?"

"What tha' fuck he gon' do? He can't step foot out here."

"Why tha' hell you cussing at me?!" She fussed.

Sighing, Lucky placed his arm on top of the hood of the car and towered over her, "I'm sorry."

"Talk to my dad," she asserted.

"K."

"Really?" She glared at him, "Don't dismiss me like I'm bothering you, seriously, don't play."

Smirking at her, his eyes softened, "Stop getting hyped up like you ready to mix. I'm sorry, I ain't tryna talk about his ass anymore, cool?"