Chapter 5 ( The Crystal Empire- Part 1)

Start from the beginning

Twilight Sparkle: I brought my own quills, and plenty of paper to show my work.

She drops her bag, and the long parchment rolls over to the front of Celestia's hooves.

Twilight Sparkle: Sorry, sorry.

She tries to roll her parchment back together, but Celestia uses her magic to roll it.

Princess Celestia: This is a different kind of test.

She organizes Twilight's things in her bag using her magic.

Princess Celestia: The Crystal Empire has returned.

Twilight Sparkle: The Crystal Empire? I'm sorry, I-I thought I'd studied.

She looks around her books, while Celestia takes them away from her.

Twilight Sparkle: Oh I don't think there's anything in any of my books th-.

Princess Celestia: There wouldn't be.

Twilight looks up from her book to look at Celestia, as she takes out a lavender crystal.

Princess Celestia: Few had remember it ever existed at all.

She lifts the lavender crystal in front Twilight.

Princess Celestia: Even my knowledge of the Empire is limited.

She casts a spell toward the crystal and it made the image of the Empire. While Twilight backs away a bit, and not moments later the crystal castle appeared.

Princess Celestia: But what I do know is that it contains a powerful magic. 

A flashback is then seen as the crystal ponies were happy and peaceful.

Princess Celestia: 

1000 years ago King Sombra, a unicorn whose heart was black as night took over the Crystal Empire.

The castle was covered in dark crystals as King Sombra's head was seen at the top. He grins maniacally as he was at the balcony of the castle, and the crystal ponies were made to be chained by their hooves, and follow his orders.

A silhouette of Celestia and Luna was then showing conjoining their horns together as they cast a spell towards King Sombra.

He was ultimately overthrown. Turned to shadow, and banished to the ice of the Arctic North.

King Sombra was last seen at the ice of the artic north, and it closes. While Twilight is just shocked from everything, she shifts her attention back to the image of the Empire.

But not before he was able to put a curse upon the Empire. A curse that caused it to vanish into thin air.

The image of the empire also disappears back into the crystal. Celestia lifts the crystal with her magic as a demonstration to Twilight.

Princess Celestia: If the Empire is filled with hope and love.

She casts a spell toward the crystal as it shimmers and shines a rainbow.