thirty one

Namjoon opened his front door. He wasn't surprised to see Taehyung standing on his porch. He'd been waiting all evening for Taehyung to turn up. He was honestly surprised he didn't show up sooner. 

Namjoon stepped aside, opening his door. "Want to come in?"

"Is your dad home?" Taehyung responded. He was strangely calm.

"Yes."

Taehyung paused, not moving past the threshold. He tilted his head to the side, staring at the other with narrowed, suspicious eyes. "I'm sure you wouldn't want to worry him, then," Taehyung finally said. 

Namjoon flicked his brows upward, then nodded. "Yes, you're right. Even if this were to be civil at first, it certainly wouldn't stay that way, would it?"

"You know it wouldn't," Taehyung replied, rolling his shoulders. 

Namjoon stepped out of his apartment, closing the front door behind him. He gestured to the parking lot lazily, saying, "Let's get this over with."

-

"What's going on?" Jimin said as he caught up with Seokjin. 

Seokjin had just climbed out of his chauffeur's car and was making his way down the long, grassy hill that led into Namjoon's neighborhood. Jimin had just pulled up in Jungkook's car and jogged to meet up with him. 

Seokjin paused, letting Jimin stand beside him. His eyes cut to the parking lot. He squinted with creased brows, his expression a mix of disbelief and haze. 

"Is that..." Jin swallowed. "Who's car is that?"

Jimin couldn't help but lift his chin in a bit of self-defense. After discovering Jungkook's history with the Kims, Jimin knew there was a possibility that Seokjin would recognize the vehicle he arrived in. So Jimin turned, raising his arm over his head and waving his head. Picking up the signal, Jungkook climbed out of the driver's side. Hoseok followed, clambering from the back seat. 

Seokjin snapped his attention back to Jimin, irritation in his gaze. Jimin didn't back down, upholding his glare with one of his own. 

"Why did you bring them?" Seokjin hissed.

"So you don't deny knowing him?" Jimin shot back. "He's the one you did the first contract with?" 

Our last one ran out on us.

That's what Taehyung said when Jimin had joined the three in the library those few months ago.  It felt like forever since he'd fist bargained with them. 

These two don't know how to share.