twenty

When Taehyung first laid eyes on Jimin, he was immediately impressed and attracted. He was sure that was Jimin's intention: to use that boasting swagger and beauty to entrance every eye that landed on him. He wanted the attention and he knew how to get it.

Taehyung found himself jealous. He and the other two Kims had gotten very accustomed to being the most popular boys on campus and he wasn't ready to give that title over to some transfer with bright pink hair.

So Taehyung kept a close eye on Jimin. Made a few connections with people in his shared classes or dorm building. He stayed updated on how Jimin was, what his personality was like, and how he adapted to his new life during the first few weeks of the semester. And as interesting and lovely as that consistent, assertive aura he gloated was, Taehyung was surprised to see Jimin so resilient with Kang Jinwoon. That this one bully managed to shut him up just because of his father's position.

The first day that Taehyung witnessed first-hand the aggression Jinwoon had for Jimin, Taehyung realized that he wasn't jealous. That very moment, with Seokjin and Namjoon at his side, when he watched Jinwoon yank Jimin's pink hair, he felt possession. And it ran deeper that day, considering that he and Namjoon had just been in a heated argument an hour prior.

Mine.

That's what his mind screamed at him.

Against his better judgment, Taehyung called Jinwoon out. No one else was going to and Taehyung refused to be another bystander. Especially because he wanted Park Jimin for himself. He managed to run Jinwoon off, and in doing so, he was granted a brilliant idea. Although considering the glare Jimin shot at Taehyung and his friends even after helping him, he wasn't certain about it working, so he knew that he'd had to get the other two on board.

Immediately, Taehyung departed and hunted down the girl he'd recently started fooling around with. She was a fairly average girl, the only thing special about her being her grades. Long, dark brown hair and pale skin, the appearance he typically went after with females. She fell for Taehyung easily as he used his natural charm on her, lured her into bed, and messed around with her for the next week.

Well, now it was time to break it off. A bit too soon for his liking, but he was about to get a shiny new toy that he was desperate to play with.

"I'm done with you now. I'm bored."

The girl took it fairly well, but that was only because they'd been together for such little time. She was mildly upset, taking Taehyung's words with a few tears. But overall she just nodded meekly and muttered that she understood before turning around and taking off down the hall to return to her dorm room.

Taehyung rolled his eyes. He couldn't stand the tears. At first, the tears used to give him some sort of pride, but they were so redundant that he quickly grew tired of them. That's the only thing most girls could offer him, occasionally accompanied by a slap or shove.

Taehyung left with his hands in his pockets, his heart as heavy as it always was when breaking off a connection with someone. He debated being nicer when he let girls down, since he was quite polite with his male partners, but evidently ignored the thought.