thirteen

Jimin was beyond embarrassed. He was borderline humiliated. But he went along with it anyway, pretending that nothing was wrong. He wasn't about to let the Kims get the best of him.

~

Taehyung pulled back a chair for Jimin to sit next to him. Seokjin narrowed his eyes.

However, to everyone's surprise, Jimin took a seat on Taehyung's lap. All three Kims stared at him with wide eyes, each one shocked. They truly had never had a partner so bold before. As nervous as their stares made him, Jimin did not back down. Taehyung settled into the seat comfortably, smiling smugly after recovering from his surprise, and shot a wink at Namjoon. Namjoon's nose scrunched in a bit of anger.

"So," Jimin began, looking to Seokjin, "why did you call me here?"

Seokjin gestured to Taehyung. "Because of that right there. Our last one ran out on us because of the fights between Namjoon and Taehyung. These two don't know how to share."

"As if you weren't mad that Namjoon was hogging!" Taehyung snapped, his arms circling Jimin's waist and his fingers interlocking.

"You had someone else you did this with?" Jimin asked. At the same time, he remembered Taehyung's words from when the four first met in this room to introduce the contract between them.

Our last one ran out on us.

Jimin wondered what, exactly, ran out meant. Did they flee without finishing the term? Did they refuse?

"Yeah," Namjoon answered. "But Taehyung was the reason they left, not me."

"Don't you ever put that on me," Taehyung snarled.

"Maybe if you would stop breaking the heart of every person you came across..." Namjoon mumbled under his breath.

"That's neither here nor there," Seokjin sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "You both played a part, and they got tired of it. Hopefully, this new system will allow it. By the contract, Jimin knows that all of this is without strings attached. And with this new idea, hopefully, you two will shut up about the other getting more attention."

Taehyung threw his head back and cackled. "Oh, that's funny! Namjoon complained 'cause I've had Jimin more? What a baby!"

"You complained all the time with anyone I was ever with!" Namjoon growled, sitting forward. 

"Because you would specifically go after people I was interested in!"

"You were only interested in being a playboy. You just loved to make people fall for you and shatter their hearts after sleeping with them."

"Jesus Christ," Jimin blurted with a laugh. He looked at Seokjin. "Are they always like this?"

"Whenever Joon's not on his phone," Seokjin sighed, "they get pretty heated if toys are brought up. As I said, they don't know how to share."

Jimin nodded, laughing a bit more. His giggles seemed to calm a bit of the tension in the room because Taehyung relaxed under Jimin's weight and Namjoon leaned back in his seat. "Okay," he said, looking among the three, "so I just... pick who I spend time with first? How do I know how much time you'll each get?"

"I'm thinking that each of us can only call on you up to three times a week, and cannot do all three at once. Whatever else beyond that is between you and whoever you're with," Seokjin said with a shrug. "You've been with each of us, and it's been about two weeks so you roughly have a picture of what we're like. I suppose, based on that, pick who you want to go with first."

Jimin grinned. "I have an idea."

-

Jimin had the Kims clear the table and chairs out of the way. Then, he had each Kim stand against one of the walls. Jimin rolled one of the chairs to the center of the room, sat on it, and then spun around.

Whoever he would point at was who he would spend time with first.

Taehyung had teased him about this idea but didn't object when Jimin hopped off his lap and asked him to move the table while batting his lashes.

Jimin laid his hands over his closed eyes as he spun, grinning like a kid as he steadily slowed down. As his chair finally came to a stop, he heard a thud and a whisper of someone cursing. 

Jimin lowered his hand and opened his eyes, finding Namjoon approaching him with a small smile. Looking behind him, he found Seokjin rushing over to help Taehyung off the floor.

"Cheater," Taehyung grumbled as he got to his feet.

Jimin chuckled, accepting Namjooin's outstretched hand and climbing to his feet. "Tae, why are you --" His eyes widened and he looked back at Namjoon, who was still smiling a bit evilly. "Wow, you are a cheater!"

"Dunno what you're talking about," Namjoon said. Seokjin snickered.

"Well," Namjoon said with a deep exhale, letting go of Jimin's hand and spinning to face the others. "You two can head home. Now it's my turn."