twenty six

It was the last day of fall break, yet Jimin hadn't seen any of the three Kims yet. He knew it was Namjoon's turn and insisted that to Taehyung when he asked to hang out again. He wondered if Namjoon was busy with another partner and that's why he felt no need to spend his turn yet. Jimin didn't know why but the idea of that made him jealous.

Hoseok still hadn't returned from his trip home yet, so Jimin was taking a bit of his spare time to do some laundry. All of his and Hoseok's dirty clothes were piled into a mobile hamper and he was currently digging through all the pockets since Hobi had a bad habit of leaving things in his clothes and having them be destroyed in the wash.

As Jimin worked, he hummed quietly to himself, a small smile on his face. In moments like these, with a peaceful sort of silence with no family or schoolwork to bother him, Jimin's mind was safe to wonder. And, within the past few weeks, it was always drawn back to Taehyung. 

As handsome and beautiful as Taehyung was to behold, it wasn't central to Jimin's daydreams. Instead, Jimin daydreamed of the times they spent together. The kisses they shared. And, best of all, the little "dates" they'd gone on together before Seokjin claimed his turn on Jimin. When they held hands, when they looked into each other's eyes and smiled as if they'd found true happiness within another, when Taehyung brought him flowers, or even just when they were close to one another. All of it -- each breath and blink -- was becoming so precious to Jimin. 

Jimin suddenly hissed as his fingers caught against a piece of paper, slicing his pads a bit. He grabbed at it, thinking Hoseok had left another candy wrapper in his pants. Instead, he produced a folded slip of white paper. Jimin turned it over in his hands, unfolding it.

(xxx) xxx xxxx

~ jeon jungkook

Jimin's brows furrowed. Who was Jeon Jungkook, and why was he handing his number out to Hoseok? And why did Hoseok take it? Well, Hoseok was very popular on campus, so it made sense for him to be making plenty of friends. Even still, Jimin felt a bit possessive of his roommate. He was tempted to throw the paper away.

Until he turned the pants over in his hands. They were his own. So what...?

"OH!" Jimin climbed to his feet, dropping his jeans into the pile of clothing to be washed. This was the note his driver had given him a while ago as an offer of friendship since they'd had such a pleasant chat in the car. 

Jimin bounded over to his phone, snatching it up and texting the number on the paper. It'd been so many weeks, that the poor driver probably assumed Jimin had ghosted him. The boy had been quite sweet, plus Jimin practically had no friends. It'd be nice to engage with someone outside of the three people who owned his body. Plus, as long as Jimin had a bit of time to himself while he waited for Namjoon to claim his turn, he might as well spend it making friends. 

Jimin texted the boy Jeon Jungkook, introducing himself and apologizing for not reaching out sooner. He explained how stressful college life could be and he forgot for a little while.