Shane

Thank you everyone for being so patient for this update. The story will have a schedule from next week. Likely an update every two weeks instead of every month or so. I've finally finished rewriting the first book which had taken a toll on me. Anyway. I hope you enjoy ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

 I hope you enjoy ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

"Yep, I'm a descendant of Silas. I'm literally the manifestation of both doppelgänger bloodlines," said the witch with a sigh, at the heavy implication of the fact. Both Originals were gazing at her as if they'd never seen her before, they couldn't react. They simply stared. "Say something, please."

There was only silence for a few moments. Rowan just gazed back at the two pairs of blue orbs that were staring at her. She wasn't expecting her lovers to have that strong of a reaction. She knew this news would shock them just as it'd shocked her but they seemed to be entranced by it. Perhaps they had a lot more to think about than she did. After all, she didn't feel any difference in her power so it had no direct impact on her magic. It also didn't affect how she viewed Silas and Amara's situations, since she already sympathised with them. Okay, she sympathised with Amara but Silas was part of the package.

Suddenly, Elijah moved and reached for his lover. He grabbed Rowan and pulled her into an embrace. The witch melted into his arms and wrapped her own around his waist. "Rowan, I cannot tell you how delighted I am by the news," he whispered into her hair. The witch pulled away and stared at him questioningly. Elijah smiled and traced the front strands of her hair. "You're of two powerful bloodlines and, a direct descendant of the man we're trying to aid. This gives us an advantage over him." Rowan blinked as she processed what he'd said. Elijah was correct. Silas didn't listen to anyone other than himself or Amara. Perhaps knowing he had a descendant that wished to help him, would make him easier to handle.

The witch smiled at her lover and stood on her tip toes to place a soft kiss on his lips. Elijah grinned as she went back down. Just then, the two realised that Niklaus had yet to react. The two turned to him and gazed questioningly. The hybrid was still rooted in place, deep in thought. However, the thoughts seemed to be of the positive variety, if the expression of a slack jaw, wide hopeful eyes and soft breaths, were any indication. "Niklaus?" Rowan called softly. That seemed to snap him out of his thoughts. Klaus released a breath and rushed to hug his girlfriend. Elijah moved a little to allow his brother full access and Rowan grabbed Niklaus. The two embraced for a few moments as the hybrid held Rowan tightly. When he released her, he was giving her a strange look of hope and desperation. "Niklaus?" The witch asked again. Staring back at the blonde with apprehension. Elijah was also confused by his brother's behaviour.

"You're from two powerful bloodlines.." whispered the hybrid. Rowan nodded slowly in affirmation, still gazing with worry at him. The hybrid swallowed and his eyes subtly drifted down to her stomach. Rowan followed his eyes and also looked at her stomach. That's when it hit her. The witch looked up and into the desperate blue eyes and inhaled sharply. She didn't know which emotion was stronger. Joy or pride. She had the best answer to the question she hated to ask herself. She was always unsure if she was strong enough. It was an insecurity stemming from her feelings of self-doubt. "So..." the hybrid trailed off but the question was obvious.