It's a New Dawn

Hello everyone, I am somewhat back and glad to be you've all been so nice about my hiatus. I wrote a longer chapter and hopefully you enjoy it ☺️

 I wrote a longer chapter and hopefully you enjoy it ☺️

The next day was school. Rowan got up and helped Jenna prepare breakfast. Alaric had also stayed over but he decided to skip breakfast and go to school early. The family ate their breakfast together before Rowan drove her siblings to school. Afterward, she went to the Grill to spend her morning. She had brought her laptop and notebook to study. The witch spent around 4 hours focused on her college work. She had an upcoming coursework due and an exam to prepare for. Although she'd studied this before, it was better to revise.

When it was time for lunch the witch went to Sheila's to have some lunch with the older witch. They hadn't seen each other alone for a while. The two conversed on random things. Then Rowan decided to open up the topic. "Sheila, I want to ask for your advice," the younger said.

"You know I'm always there for you Rowan, fire away," said Sheila as she sipped her tea.

"I want to create a fertility spell but don't know where to start," said Rowan.

"Oh Rowan, I didn't know, I'm so sorry," said Sheila apologetically. Rowan blushed in embarrassment.

"Oh no no! It's not for me, it's actually for a witch friend and his human brother," explained Rowan hastily. Sheila sighed in relief at the younger. Rowan smiled shyly, happy to see that the older witch was invested in her future children. It gave Rowan confidence but at the same time she became wary that Sheila might hate her due to the choice of father.

"So, are you aware of what caused the infertility, if it's natural or a curse?" asked Sheila sympathetically. Rowan sighed, this was the root of the problem.

"That's the thing, we're not too sure. Their mother hated them and she was a powerful witch and at the same time there is history of infertility in the family. We don't want to contact the mother so..." Rowan trailed off, unsure of how to complete the explanation without raising questions or blurting out the truth.

"Rowan, I know by now that the company you keep is less than ideal, there is no need to tip toe around me," said Sheila incredulously with a shake of her head. Rowan flinched a little at the disappointed gaze from her mentor but rallied on.

"I'm sorry Sheila but I cannot apologise for my acceptance of these, as you put it, less than ideal characters." The older woman chuckled in resignation at her student but nodded in understanding.

"So, please go into detail," asked the older witch. Rowan took a deep breath and divulged as much information as possible. She had omitted that Kol and Finn were Originals but kept the information on them being old vampires. She also opted to omit any information on Esther. Sheila was an incredibly observant woman and she'd be able to solve the puzzle and know about Esther.

"I see," said the old woman after hearing the full story. "As amazed as I am with your new ability I must urge you to not resort to it unless in trustworthy company. Many creatures will wish to extract that knowledge from you or to use you." Stated the woman in earnest and her expression bore warning in it. Rowan already knew of this. Being able to turn vampires into humans was both a gift and a curse. Many vampires wished to restore their human lives and witches wished to maintain balance while werewolves would use it as a weapon. Meanwhile other vampires would see it as a threat and would hunt Rowan to prevent her from using it. The young witch had to be careful of the company she keeps and who she reveals the information to.