the reality

Quicker than it began, the honeymoon ends and real life begins in their household. Things remained fairly the same for Anastassia who quickly adjusted to the role of being his wife. Staying home, cooking, cleaning and trying her best not to upset him. 

It was exhausting and although she loved Adonis more than she loved herself at times, he was wearing her out.

As Ana sprays the counter with her homemade cleaner she listens to Rayn go on and on about their new home. Once they touched down in Seattle, Adonis whisk Ana away to a beautiful two story home located in the suburbs right outside of town. It was secluded, quiet and closer to nature. Ana loved it visually, but knew the real reason she was out there wasnt because it was beautiful. But more so because Adonis had an obsession with keeping her alone and to himself.

"This is cute and stuff, but I would maybe change the color of these curtains." Rayn says while looking over the floor to ceiling windows that had beige colored blackout curtains covering them.

"Well thank you for your input Rayn, but I like them. And since I have to look at them everyday I'll keep them the way they are. Plus, that ugly plum color you picked out isn't it."

"You don't have good taste sis." Rayn replies before picking up one of the mini sandwiches Ana had made. "That's why I'm here, to help guide you."

"Rayn please." Ana laughs.

"I'm serious." Rayn says. "But anyway, how's married life?"

"It's..." Ana pauses and puts away her cleaning products. "It's fine. I'm enjoying it."

"All of it? Or just some of it?"

"Most of it. I mean Adonis is sweet sometimes, he makes sure I'm comfortble and have everything I want and need and the sex is amazing as usual...."

"Ima stop you right there cause... ew."

Ana laughs while sitting down next to Rayn at the kitchen island.

"I cannot believe you have sex with his ass. Adonis is so gross."

"He's your brother.. it would be weird if you didn't think he was gross."

"Y'all having babies soon or nah? I want a nephew like yesterday."

"No." Ana says quickly. "No babies anytime soon."

"That's not what Adonis said" Rayn replies with a shrug.

Ana pauses and looks back over at Rayn. She always knew things before Ana did. Which made Ana feel some kind of way sometimes since she was his wife now.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm his sister so things come up in conversation."

"Right..." Ana mumbles. "What just so happened to come up this time?"

"He wants kids. Like now. You seemed to not be as excited as he was."

"I'm not excited." Ana admits. "I don't want children right now and I'm tired of talking about it." Anastassia snaps before standing from her seat.

"My bad dang. I was only saying."

"Mhmm. I know, you're just here to try and get me to do what Adonis wants even though I've made it clear to you and him that's not what's on my radar right now. We gotta work on our relationship before I even consider bringing a child into this.... This mess." Ana says.

Rayn sits with raised eyebrows shocked that the conversation had taken such a drastic turn, and Ana who was usually timid and quiet was almost shouting at her in the kitchen.

"Maybe you should tell your husband that then."

"I have told him. Maybe you should mind your business sis."