leave it up to you

* it's a sentimental chapter for our beloved adonis. please be nice to the man just once, then we can all go back to hating him in the next chapter. 😭

Exiting the steaming hot shower Adonis wraps a plush towel around his waist before walking toward the mirror. He sighs lowly as he wipes the steam clear giving him a clear view of the man he hated to look at. His eyes say, dark as the clear nighttime sky, a frown replaced the smile that was rarely there.

He sighs, and sits back against the cool porcelain of the toilet. Letting his eyes flutter closed as he held his head in his hands. Visions of the woman before Ana... before Lauren flood his brain. He missed her. Hated what he had done to her. He loved her deeply, the first woman he had ever loved and everyday he was plagued with feelings of regret.

"I didn't mean to..." he mumbles to himself.

He sees her beautiful face laying lifeless on the floor of the home they use to share every night before he closed his eyes.

He made a promise to her and himself that he would never hurt another woman the way he had hurt her. One way or another Adonis hoped he would be able to keep that promise.

•••••

A full twelve hours had passed since he and Anastassia had arrived in Malibu, where one of his many homes was located. Ana had been asleep for most of it, she cried the entire ride there before passing out in the guest bed refusing to go to his bedroom. He let her sleep there without her phone and eventually he ended up in there sleeping next to her.

Adonis did feel like he might've overreacted the night before, but something about Ana paying attention to another man while treating him like he didn't matter made him a mad man.

A madder man than he usually was.

Currently he felt like a jackass for showing Anastassia that side of him.

So far he had tried to apologize for his behavior but Ana wasn't interested. She continued to ignore him, only asking for her phone back so she could leave the home he had made almost impossible for her to escape from. The damage had been done and now Adonis was only trying to fix what he had broken so soon into their courtship.

"Ana..." Adonis says lowly as he steps back into the bedroom.

Anastassia was laying on top of the comforter, watching the raindrops hit the large glass window next to the bed. It was gloomy outside, the usually busy beach was empty as the rain continued to pour down. It was safe to say the weather matched both their moods.

"If you're not coming in here to give me my phone back or let me outta here I don't wanna speak to you Adonis."

"That's fair... Can I talk to you before you leave? You don't have to respond.. just hear me out?" Adonis pleads because he know more than likely Ana wouldn't be speaking to him for real anymore once she left his home.

"Talk about what?"

"Us.... listen, I'm sorry." He says with his head hung low. "I'm a little fucked up. I only acted the way I did because I missed you baby and you were ignoring me while laughing with another nigga. I was at the club waiting for you to come but you were with him. Why did you choose you stay at home with him instead of coming to makeup with yo man?"

"I didn't choose to stay home." Ana begins with confusion written on her face. "Mariah told me they weren't going anymore so I didn't go....."

"Mariah told you that? Cause Mariah was at the club, right along with Princess and Jackie."

"Wow." Ana mumbles before looking back out the window. She couldn't believe after all those years of friendship Mariah had turned out to be a snake.

"I told you she wasn't no good butterfly.... We can finish talking about her later right now I just want you to try and forgive me."