toxic love

Ana tosses and turns in the soft cotton sheets of the king sized bed she laid alone in. Her eyes flutter up to the clock sitting on the nightstand, and she sighs before turning back toward the window that was covered with thick blackout curtains.

It was 3:44 a.m and she hadn't seen or heard from Adonis in hours. Once their fight ended he gathered their things, dragged her to the car and dropped her off without her phone, wallet or purse. Hood stopped by to bring her dinner and make sure she didn't need anything. She was pretty sure he was still sitting in his car in the driveway of the home making sure she didn't sneak off anywhere while Adonis was out doing Lord knows what.

Slowly she climbs out of the bed and walks into the kitchen to grab a glass of water. She finds herself in front of the window peeking out seeing Adonis leaning over Hood's car window talking and laughing with his friend. It infuriated Anastassia that he could act so normal after hitting her, it's like his abuse was second nature. Something that came natural to him.

She watches as he daps up Hood and turns to walk toward the front door. Ana stands still and turns to look at him once's he steps inside. Their eyes meet and Adonis chuckles before removing his hoody.

"What you doing up?"

Ana shrugs and finishes off her drink before going to put her cup into the sink.

"Where have you been?"

"Out."

"That's obvious. Be more specific."

"It really ain't none of yo business where I been Anastassia. I'm home now that's all that matters."

Ana rolls her eyes and nods. She brushes past him and goes back into the bedroom,  Ana was tired of arguing, tired of fighting and tired of being afraid of her own boyfriend.

Adonis enters and removes his clothing. Ana watches, scanning over every inch of his flesh that was visible to her. She notices a few scratch marks on his back and shoulder. Tears fall quicker than she can register, although she wipes them away before Adonis turns around he does hear her sniffles.

"Butterfly? Why you crying?"

In reality she didn't know why she was crying. More than likely it was the pregnancy hormones.

"Y-you've been out cheating on me haven't you?" Ana ask.

"No... I was working. I wasn't cheating on you."

"Don't lie to me Adonis! I didn't leave those scratches on your back."

Adonis sighs and hangs his head lowly.

"That's how this relationship is? You beat me and cheat on me while I'm at home alone all night? I can't have my phone to talk to my family or friends but you can do that?!"

"Baby... it's not what you're thinking." He speaks while stepping closer to Ana.

"Don't touch me Adonis. I wanna go home tomorrow."

"You are home."

"NO! I wanna go back to LA with my mother and sister."

"I can't allow that... you won't come back if I let you leave." He says lowly.

Ana didn't believe a word he said. It wasn't enough that he hit her on a regular basis he also had the audacity to go behind her back with other women. She continued to cry quietly while Adonis watched, her mind wondering how she became this woman for a man like Adonis.

Some days she regretted ever giving him the chance to make her his.

"I love you Anastassia... I really do. I-I'm just.... Really fucked up baby. I told you that, but you stayed. I gave you one last chance to leave me that night and you decided to stay here... so..." he pauses while leaning down closer to her. "I can't let you go now."