ultimate betrayal

"What's wrong?" Jackie ask as she puts the car in park in front of the clinic.

"Nothing..." Ana lies. She didn't want to go into detail about the issues she and Adonis went through. "Just a little nervous..."

"That's normal it's your baby. Are you sure this is what you wanna do?"

"I'm literally still thinking about it." She responds lowly.

"We're in the parking lot about to go inside and you're still thinking about it?"

"Yes...."

"Mhmm... honestly Ana. I don't even see how you got involved with a man like Adonis. Does he not scare you? Cause he scares the shit outta me and he barely speaks to me."

"Why does he scare you?"

"I've heard stories about him before the two of you started dating. He's allegedly gotten rid of a lot of people... like a lot in the double digits. He never smiles, his entire presence is intimidating. I would be scared to sleep next to him, yet here you are doing it almost every night."

"I mean, I get it." Ana shrugs. "He has his moments... but he's a good man to me."

Ana didn't need Jackie to tell her anything about Adonis, if anyone knew just how scary he was it was her.

"You think he'll be a good father?"

"I don't know. That's another reason why I'm having second thoughts. We haven't been together a year yet and I'm already pregnant. We don't know one another that well to have a child together."

"You knew him well enough to let him nut in you." Jackie replies.

"That's not funny..."

"Wasn't supposed to be." Jackie shrugs. Jackie was the honest friend unlike Mariah. "Now what are we doing? You told crazy man we would be back in around 7 it's 4 now so let's get to it before you're late."

Ana nods slowly and opens the door following behind Jackie. Her heart rate picks up as she steps inside the cold clinic. Once the paperwork had been signed the duo take a seat in one of the cold metal chairs. Jackie holds her left hand as she tries to keep her leg still with the right.

"Do you wanna leave?" Jackie whispers noticing her nervous demeanor.

"No... I have to do this."

"Anastassia Smith." The nurse calls from the double doors.

"I'll be here when you come out."

Ana nods and hugs her friend one last time before disappearing in the back with the nurse.

++++++

Adonis tosses the trash into the trash shoot of his building before turning and heading back toward the elevator. He sighs as he watches the numbers on the elevator each on getting closer to his penthouse on the top floor. When he reaches floor 22 an elder couple get on annoying Adonis since he wanted to be alone. He was currently in the middle of having a breakdown and although he looked normal, calm and collected on the outside he was fighting an internal battle on the inside.

After one last stop on the 25th floor Adonis arrives at his floor. He gets off and heads for the kitchen to pour up a drink instead of taking his medication that he knew he needed but refused to take. Since he had allowed Ana to spend their last night in LA with Jackie and Princess he was alone until later that evening.

He swirls around the dark liquor in his crystal glass while scrolling through his home security system. One thing Ana didn't know was that he had cameras everywhere in his home, all equipped with audio. He scrolls to the day Aaliyah came over and fast forwards through them greeting one another and to the part where they were seated out on the balcony. Leaning back against the counter he turns up the volume to listen and drink his liquor in peace. As Ana goes to speak his phone vibrates making him slam the glass down on the countertop.