so, you like him?

Mariah enters Ana's room seeing her laid out on the bed watching some tv. Ana smiles at her best friend and Mariah returns it before kicking off her shoes and coat joining Ana on the bed.

"What we watching?"

"Another stupid zombie show Netflix recommended." Ana shrugs. "Want some?" She ask while offering up the bowl of popcorn.

Mariah nods and grabs a fistful and stuffing her face. She was still down about Adonis ending things with her and was having a hard time coming to terms with it. Occasionally she still called hoping he would answer and chnage his mind, but so far she had only gotten his voicemail.

The last thing she wanted to do was give up since she had invested months of her life into trying to get him.

But it was looking as if she had no other choice but to leave him alone for good.

"You know I hate these shows." Mariah says.

"I do too. But there's really nothing else to watch." Ana says. "What's been going on with you? You looking s little down."

"Girl... nothing." Mariah lies. "Men trouble as usual."

"What? Who's the new guy that's causing you trouble?"

"It's not important. He's not important anymore, I'm just going through the motions to get over him now. Wasn't even worth mentioning to you."

"Oh come on. He must be worth something since you're sitting her sulking about whatever happened between the two of you."

Mariah sighs and sits up facing her best friend. Debating on if telling her about Adonis was a good idea or not. Before she can decide she hears the bedroom door creep open and both woman look over to see Aaliyah walking in carrying two dozen light pink roses.

"You got a delivery." Aaliyah says while setting down the roses on Ana's dresser.

Ana's face lights up and she hops out of bed to read the card. Mariah remained seated, her heart rate picking up at the thought of the kind gesture being from Adonis.

He had never done that for her.

He had rarely done it for Lauren as far as she knew and he was supposed to be in love with Lauren. For a brief moment nothing but jealousy and envy fills the eyes of Mariah as she watches Ana read over the card and blush furiously.

Ana grabs her phone and types up a text while both Aaliyah and Mariah wait for her to say who they were from.

Ana : I prefer tulips. But, thank you for the roses they're beautiful.

Adonis : noted pink tulips it is next time momma.... when will I see your beautiful face in person again? Tonight?

Ana : maybe... I'm hanging with Mariah.

Adonis : she more important than me? Just say yes baby, I need to see you. I know you wanna see me.

Ana : lol again maybe.. I'll call you in a little bit.

Ana looks up from her phone seeing both women staring at her.

"What?"

"Bitch who got you grinning all crazy at your phone like that?" Aaliyah ask. "It better not be that man Adonis."

"It is him." Ana confirms.

Mariah's face falls and her chest tightens.

"Wow. What a complete 180 you've done when it comes to him. Before now you couldn't stand the thought of even giving him your number now you're getting roses and blushing at the phone."