rib tips & power trips

Ana sits back into the lawn chair fanning herself with a small battery powered fan. It was almost 90 degrees and the LA sun was beaming down on to Jackie's backyard. For some reason Jackie thought it would be a good idea to have a bbq on one of the hottest days of the week. A few of Jackie's family members were there along with some associates. Like usual Ana kept to herself mostly, the thought of entertaining people drained her social battery pretty quickly. But still, Anastassia didn't turn her down because she loved to eat and drink, and with the way she had been working out her body was giving what it needed to. Any excuse to wear a bathing suit was a good one.

She looks down at her flat stomach admiring the way her neon orange bikini complemented her caramel skin. She looked good and she knew it. Ana reaches over and grabs her Chanel sunglasses before sipping at the margarita in her free hand. If she got drunk enough the hot weather wouldn't bother her too much.

"So you just gone sit here instead of helping me make the sides?" Jackie ask before sitting down next to her.

"Girl I'm a guest. It was your idea to have this bbq why should I help? Ain't Mariah in there helping?"

"Yeah if by helping you mean burning everything she touches. Yeah she's helping a whole lot."

"She never could cook too well." Ana laughs. "I'll be in there in a minute, let me tan for a bit longer."

"Whatever. You on the baked beans when you come in." Jackie says before waltzing away back into her home.

Ana lays back against the seat getting comfortble again. She checks her phone to see that Dru was on his way over and smiles at the text before responding. They had been spending more and more time together recently and she could honestly say she was beginning to like him.

A few minutes pass and she's on her second margarita when she hears a few familiar voices entering into the backyard. Without having to look up her heart rate picks up and her palms grow sweaty. Ana lays still staring at anything but the three men who had just entered trying not to make it obvious she was a nervous wreck. She knew there was a possibility Adonis would have shown his face, and she wished she'd stayed home now.

"Bitch... I know you lying." Ana hears Jackie say from behind her. Ana sits up in her seat and watches as Jackie storms over to where East, Adonis and Hood had just entered. "What you doing here David?! Where is Kash?" Jackie says loudly.

"Chill! He with my mama! You thought you was gone have a bbq without me? Why I wasn't invited? It's cause you was gone have that nigga here you been texting?"

"Why yo black ass worried about it? You not my man!"

"I'm the closest thing you got. I been told you stop fucking playing with me. I don't want no nigga around my kid."

"But those raggedy ass bitches you bring around him are cool right? You're a dumbass get out!"

"I ain't going no damn where! I paid for this fucking bbq ima sit my ass in the muthafuckin chair, eat some ribs and drink all the liquor I PAID FOR!" East shouts.

"I hate you!"

"I hate you too bitch! Now go make my plate for you really piss me off."

Jackie groans loudly before storming away back into the house knowing she had lost the battle for now. Ana stands still looking back at Jackie as she disappears inside the home. When she turns around she sees Adonis looking at her with pitiful eyes, her eyes sadden but thanks to the sunglasses she wore he couldn't see that.

Just as quickly as they locked eyes Ana diverted her gaze elsewhere before heading inside behind Jackie.

"I really do fucking hate him." Jackie says while chopping up some onion. "How he gone come up in my shit talking crazy like that?"