settling

"I want a pretzel and a strawberry lemonade." Ana says while looking over the menu at Auntie Anne's.

"Why you telling me? Bitch you paying." Jackie responds while digging in her baby bag to get a bottle for her and East son ; Kash

"I paid last time. I swear you cheap as hell." Ana mumbles before grabbing her phone to use Apple Pay. "

"You the one about to get the fancy job now miss girl & I got a baby to feed. There's no extra money to go around anymore."

"I don't know why you lying like your baby daddy isn't sending you more than enough money every month to have plenty left over." Ana says before letting the cashier know what they wanted to order.

"Who says I use East money on me?"

"That new Louis bag and those Cartier sunglasses say so." Ana responds before grabbing her drink and stepping aside with Jackie.

"East bought me these thank you very much. He spoils me even though we aren't and have never been in a relationship."

"Mhmm." Ana replies. "How's the co-parenting thing going anyway?"

"Fine." Jackie says as she begins to feed her son. "I mean as fine as it can go with him. Even though we haven't been in a relationship ever he doesn't want me dating other men right now. He says he doesn't want someone else raising his son."

"Is that really the reason why or is it because he's just like his cousin?" Ana says before grabbing their two pretzels.

Jackie shrugs, she hadn't really thought too much into it since she wasn't interested in dating right now anyway. Kash was only four months old and she was still adjusting to being a new mom, she didn't have time for a man even if she wanted one.

"He's not like he who shall not be named." Jackie says. "I think it's just what he told me. Nothing more nothing less."

"So what, you stay single for the next 17 years? Raising Kash alone while he's back and forth from Seattle? That's dumb Jackie."

"Whoa chill Ana. You were ready to do that same thing with his cousin at one point. Don't judge me and don't forget that."

Ana's face falls into a frown as she thinks about the child she would've had right now. She didn't know why she was being so harsh with Jackie.

"I'm sorry... I think getting the flowers and stuff just triggered me a little since we hadn't had contact in so long."

"You know I'm not upset with you babe. You went through a lot in such a short amount of time, I get it."

Ana smiles at Jackie and she returns it ending the brief disagreement before it went bay further.

"Switching subjects, did you finally give Dru some ass?" Jackie questions with a sly grin as she placed her sleeping baby back into his stroller.

"We did." Ana responds.

"How was it?"

Ana pauses and thinks back to the other night when she had sex with Dru. It was good, he was good, but he wasn't as good as Adonis and that disappointed her.

"It was.., okay. I'm not gonna lie to you I found myself thinking about sex with my ex while we were doing it."

"Yikes. That's not good."

"I know... he was crazy but he was amazing in bed." Ana says before biting into her cinnamon dusted pretzel.

"You'll get past it... hopefully one day." Jackie replies.

Ana continues to eat her pretzel in mostly silence while her mind wondered. She was happy with her new life, everything was going as planned and in the right direction. So why couldn't she shake the man who had come in and reeked havoc on everyone and everything around her?