Chapter 17: The Stars

Start from the beginning

"Excuse me, Oppa. Tae hasn't done anything wrong. I asked him not to inform you,"  she says, smiling and pinching her bottom lip, "he is just an excellent secret keeper." Secret? Right. I'm completely aware of the secret she's hinting at, but I don't respond.

"Shut up," Jimin shuts her, "how come you are here?"

"I came with my friends and then noticed Y/n. It was great to finally meet her after such a long time, "Sunmi adds as she stands next to Y/n, hugging her.

"But you still can't go anyplace with anyone. Do you realize how terrifying the world is? What would it take to use your brain a little more?" Jimin expresses his displeasure. Sunmi frowns at his words and is ready to respond when Jin Hyung intervenes.

"It's all right, Jimin. Stop scolding her now that she's here, safe and sound. Would you like to grab some food, Sunmi?"

"Thank you, Jin Oppa; I would love to," Sunmi says as she approaches Jin and gives him a side hug. "You are my fave."

"I am everyone's favorite. Who could ever resist such a beauty?" Again, Jin Hyung and his fixation. Ahh! Do not even get me started.

"But I am prettier," Sunmi pouts, mimicking his tone.

Do I have to watch all of this drama? I am afraid I will pass out.

"If you guys are done with your drama, shall I grill the chicken?" Yoongi Hyung says out of nowhere.

Yoongi Hyung and I never fit together. He is someone who is always the first to say no to any of my offerings. There is always a rift between us that obviously was a result of my fault, but the egoistic male within me refuses to acknowledge it. But for the very first time, I want to hug this man and shower him with love.

"Yes, Hyung, I am starving. I'm going to die, "Jungkook exclaims while grabbing his stomach.

"Didn't you just finish two cupped ramens?" Namjoon Hyung adds, gazing sharply at Jungkook.

"Hyung, can't I be hungry again?" Jungkook responds with a pout.

"Of course, you can, Ramyeon Monster," Jimin adds, making everyone laugh.

As everyone is engaged with their work, the atmosphere is filled with laughter, teasing, and chatting. I'm sitting quietly on the folding chair, scrolling through my phone, when I notice Y/n and Sunmi stroll in. She quickly takes her gaze away from me as she sits across from me.

"Hyung, it's so yummy," Jungkook remarks as he nibbles his portions.

"I agree; this kind of chicken is hard to come by. Y/n want some?" Jimin remarks as he offers it to Y/n.

"Tae, you should try it as well," Sunmi says as she places a piece in front of my lips.

(So daring)

"No, thanks."

"Why?"

"Don't force the baby now. He can't eat spicy food," Yoongi Hyung says mockingly.

"What? Tae, are you serious?" Sunmi adds as she comes to peck my cheeks, "You're such a baby."

That nerve. Did she think she could get closer to me since I spent a night with her? Yes, that's the secret she referred to, and I don't have time to expound on what happened.

"Do not touch," I reply in a frigid tone.

"I was just...," she says, as though surprised by my action.

"Sunmi, behave. What is wrong with you? Leave him alone," Jimin adds, causing her to recoil. Sunmi is someone I've known for a long time, and she has been a part of the family. In a household with several brothers, she is Jimin's sole cousin sister. Jimin is very fond of her and is fully aware of her liking for me.