Ch 546: Up Late At Night

Start from the beginning

"Truly you are a good prince," Ying Jie chuckled, "Always thinking about your country first."

"Thank you," Hayate said with a smile, "By the way, Your Highness, there is another piece of good news."

"Ho? What is it?"

"The eldest lady of the Kurotsuki family that you asked me to pay attention to, there is already news about her," Hayate said, "I heard from her strange sickness had been treated and cured."

"Really?" Ying Jie asked, "Where is she now?"

"We didn't know that you had taken a fancy to her. If we had known, we would have to arrange the marriage for both of you much earlier. At the moment, she is now returning to her home. She would take your offer of marriage for her family's future"

Ying Jie smiled, "Truly, Higashi's people cared for their family. It reminds how Ying Li is. Both of them are the same."

Hayate said with a smile, "You have a good relationship with her, I assume."

"We are siblings so it comes to no surprised that is the case," Ying Jie said lightly, "To tell you the truth, I once had a younger brother but alas, we never see things the same."

"Oh? This is the first time I've heard of this," Hayate smiled, "Tell me more about this brother of yours."

"... " Ying Jie walked to the front of the car, and the guard helped him open the door for them. Before he went in, he stopped and looked at Hayate.

"If he didn't draw that sword, he would be still with me. He was a good sibling, just like Ying Li. That's all you need to know."

With that, he closed he went in and closed the car door.

After the car door was closed, Hayate looked at his expression reflected in the car window and he looked stiff.

He didn't know if it was his own imagination, but when Ying Jie mentioned his brother and a sword, the tone of his voice sounded... furious.

{Rhodes Island's Pyschologist}

"Woah! That dish was amazing!" Grani said in joy, "What was that again? Tremi? Tremolla? No, that's not it."

"Tremella lotus seed soup," Lin Ye chuckled," That's was it's called."

They were back from the restaurant. Lin Ye said that it was better for them to eat there than in their room.

"That's right, tremella lotus seed soup," Grani nodded again and again, "Wow, I've never had this delicacy in Victoria. it was so delicious. I blew. I'm going to eat that tomorrow. Today I tried it cold, maybe the next day I try it when it is hot."

"Hot?" Lin Ye was confused, "I did not know they serve it hot here? Strange."

Grani pointed to Nian next to him, "Nian's was hot. It was almost boiling."

Lin Ye turned his head to look at Nian. She looked at him and then tilted her head. She was quite cute.

Lin Ye couldn't help shaking his head, not knowing how to explain it to Grani.

"The Tremella Lotus Seed Soup is indeed a signature dessert of Yan. But it's not the only one." FEater leaned to Grani as she said this, "I'll take you to eat something else tomorrow!"

"Deal!" Grani nodded excitedly.

So, after returning to the suite, there was a lot of noise again. The group started to talk about what will they do tomorrow. FEater and Grani were the most that contribute to this discussion. Warfarin had only the Library on her site. Skadi had a job to do here. Nian would also sometimes go and discuss with them. She must be excited about being in a new place. She would also ask Lin Ye about some things. Lin Ye had to be an excellent role model and answered some questions. If he did not have one for her, he would be asked FEater.

This continued until they all became tired.

When it was midnight, the room became silent.

The group went to their beds. The only people that were left were him, Nian, and Messiah.

Nian was fast asleep on the sofa with Messiah. It seemed that the talk tired her out. Messiah was also worryingly tired. Maybe sleeping was her way of regaining her energy back.

Lin Ye was still not sleepy. Maybe he was like this because he was an insomniac.

Just as he was about to seat and on the single sofa in the room to sleep on, he suddenly saw a glimpse of light flashing from the balcony.

He looked over curiously and found that it was the light of a mobile phone that was coming from the room beside them.

Lin Ye was a little puzzled. Why were they still up this late at night?

This intrigued him.

So, he slowly made his way to the balcony to see what was going on.

When he tiptoed to the balcony on his side, the person over in the room seemed to have noticed something and turned off the phone. When he was on the balcony, he looked to the side and called out to them.

"Hello?"

After a moment of silence, a young woman's voice answered him, "Hello."

{Rhodes Island's Pyschologist}

Draft: Jaq

Proofread: Jaq

Edit: Jaq