Chapter 18

Her body jolted upwards when a loud crash echoed throughout the hotel room; the artist swivelling her head around frantically, trying to find the source of the sound.

Y/n fumbled to grab something to defend herself with, only pausing when she spotted Jay's figure frozen mid-step in the midst of two toppled suitcases and an overturned lamp.

The artist huffed out in irritation, glaring at her manager and glancing back towards her somehow still sleeping girlfriend; Camila's face snuggled against
Y/n's favorite blanket.

"What the hell are you doing?" She hissed out lowly as Jay tiptoed carefully over to the bedside.

The blonde leaned down so that she was eye level with the artist, giving her a sarcastic smile.

"No need for the hostility, sleeping beauty. I'm just here to make sure you know that your soundcheck starts in less than half an hour. But I'm sure you already knew that since you were obviously already getting ready to go."

Y/n's eyes widened in horror and she snatched her phone up from the bedside table, staring down at the time through bleary eyes.

'3:30pm'

"Oh shit! Get the fuck out of my way!" Y/n pushed her friend away harshly and ran to get ready, waking Camila up in the process.

"Wha-what's going on?" The Cuban's eyes fluttered open and she scanned the room sleepily before her eyes landed on Jay.

"You." Camila's eyes narrowed as she zoned in on her girlfriend's manager.

"I have some things to say to you."

"I-uh, I have to go now." Jay's eyes widened in terror and she backpedaled quickly towards the door.

The blonde tripped over the bags that she had knocked over when she'd entered, slipping several times as she scrambled to leave as quickly as possible.

"I'll see you at the venue, Y/n!"

The door slammed shut with a loud 'bang' and Camila let out a giggle as she got up from the bed to join her girlfriend in the bathroom.

Y/n stood in the shower with her eyes shut letting the hot water stream down her back. She pulled her plastic covered arm closer to her body as she tried to lather the shampoo through her short hair with one hand, hissing out in pain when she felt soap run into the gash on her forehead.

The singer's eyes remained closed, even after hearing the large glass door slide open, and the slap of bare feet against the tiled floor grow closer to her.

"Let me help you, baby." Camila's soft voice echoed through the bathroom.

Y/n nodded, moving forward out from under the spray of water and bending down slightly to allow the brunette to run her nimble fingers through her wet curls.

She sighed out, knowing that she should be hurrying to get to the venue, but couldn't help but feel a small urge to stay locked in her hotel room for the remainder of the night.
It was selfish, yes, but she was exhausted; and after her impromptu hospital visit, she really didn't feel like leaving the room.

Y/n opened her eyes and studied the water covered floor beneath her feet as Camila continued washing her hair for her.

"What are you thinking about, mi amor?"

The taller woman raised her gaze from the ground and looked into the sympathetic brown eyes in front of her. Camila moved to stroke the other woman's cheeks with two soap covered hands and pressed her lips against Y/n's in a light kiss.