Chapter 4

It had been a couple of weeks since the AMA's and the afterparty where Y/n had finally met Camila Cabello. The two had been exchanging text messages frequently over the past few days and had finally agreed on today to meet at Y/n's in-home studio to work on some new music.
Y/n had just finished lunch and put the last plate in the dishwasher when she heard the doorbell ring, signaling Camila's arrival. She hurried towards the door, kicking her running shoes she had used that morning off to the side and out of view.

Camila stood outside her door, clad in light jeans and a white cropped hoodie. She'd clipped half of her hair back with a black butterfly clip, and she wore little makeup. She looked absolutely beautiful and Y/n had trouble formulating her thoughts for a moment, before snapping back to reality and moving over to the side quickly so that Camila could enter.

"Camila! Hey, come on in!"

"Thanks! Your house is really nice, I love the wood accents and stone." Camila smiled as she trailed her hand against one of the stone pillars by the living room.

"I appreciate that. I told my interior designer that it was important for me to have a place that held some nature vibes. It helps with setting the peaceful mood that I need when I return from tour." Y/n laughed softly and headed towards the stairs that led to the basement studio. "The studio is downstairs, but don't worry. I already filled the mini fridge down there with drinks and there are snacks on the coffee table.

Camila's eyes widened and she let out a cute gasp of shock. "Oh my god, it's like you've known me for a lifetime."

"I usually keep it well stocked since I usually get hungry when I'm writing and my lazy ass never wants to walk up to the kitchen most of the time, so I keep small snacks down there." Y/n stopped at the end of the stairs and threw open the glass door to her studio, dramatically raising her hands to show off the room, "And this is where the magic happens!"

Camila giggled and looked around the room in awe. The studio was actually quite large, half of the space taken up by a large sound booth with a microphone inside for recording. A new, state of the art soundboard was positioned right outside the booth, the buttons and sliders blinking red and green lights. On the far left wall was a line of four acoustic and electric guitars, as well as a bass. Underneath the guitars were a synth and a keyboard, and to the right of that was a computer set up with two large speakers.

The right side of the room had a small black couch and a shiny silver mini fridge pushed against the wall. A glass coffee table in front of it was decorated with balls of scrunched up notebook paper and sheets of paper strewn about. There was a stack of seven notebooks on a small end table next to the couch, that all had sticky notes and tabs sticking out of them.

Y/n smiled as she watched Camila take everything in. It wasn't often she let people down into her own personal studio. This was her sanctuary, her place to be completely herself and relaxed. She felt the most comfortable in this space and, surprisingly, even though she hadn't known Camila for long, she was happy to have brought her down here.

"Sorry it's kind of a mess. It's usually just me and my producer down here most of the time and he's used to my mess. I promise there's a method to my madness." Y/n blushed as she tried to pick up some wads of paper that had missed the trash can by a few feet.

"No, I like it. It feels really intimate and genuine." Camila walked over to the guitars and gestured towards Y/n's favorite acoustic guitar; a mini Martin that her mother had bought her when she'd turned nineteen.

"May I?"

Y/n nodded emphatically, "Of course! What's mine is yours. Go ahead and play any of the instruments you'd like."