Chapter 12

The weather that day was pleasant, the warm breeze ruffling Y/n's hair as she made her way down the street towards her house. The artist's t-shirt stuck to her as sweat poured down her body as she focused on the music that played through her AirPods.

Her jog that morning had been purely spontaneous, essentially a result of her anxiety that had flared up as she thought about all the events coming up this week. It had been a couple of days since she and Camila had flown home from New York, and already both were preparing for their first ever live performance of Senorita at the VMA's that coming Monday; giving them exactly three days to perfect everything.

Y/n finished her run and headed into her home, breathing heavily as she took out her headphones and laid them on the marble countertop in the kitchen. As she peeled off her sweat soaked shirt, she turned to see her girlfriend come out of the bedroom; still wiping the sleep from her eyes.

"Good morning, Mila." Y/n kissed her cheek as she walked around her to get a water bottle. Camila licked her lips as she watched the taller woman's muscles flex with every breath as she walked to the fridge.

Her girlfriend had been exhausted every single night since they had returned from New York and the brunette had been a bit worried about her. Y/n was still her usual happy self for the most part, but there had been a lack of intimacy because of their busy schedules.

For example, Y/n had always stayed up late to wait for Camila to get home, but for the past couple of nights, the brunette had found her fast asleep on the couch waiting for her arrival.

In short, Camila missed her and wanted to think of a way to reignite the passion between them.

"Hey baby, how was your run?"

Y/n took a big gulp of cold water before responding to Camila, "It was good, I'm sorry I didn't wake you. You looked so peaceful so I just decided to let you sleep."

"It's completely fine. To be honest, I think I really needed those eight hours of sleep, I feel way better today." Camila stood on her tippy toes to peck Y/n's cheek as she grabbed some ingredients from the fridge.

"Do you want me to make you some breakfast too, or are you just going to stick with a protein shake?"

The singer paused, thinking a moment before answering, "I'll take a couple of eggs and a piece of toast too, if you don't mind. I'll be right back though. I'm going to shower really quick."

Y/n stalked towards the bathroom with her shirt flung over her shoulder. Stripping off her clothes, she stood underneath the warm water and ran her fingers through her wet hair, relishing the feel of the stream hitting her back and shoulders.

After she'd finished showering, Y/n threw on a sports bra and a pair of shorts, before making her way back out to the kitchen where Camila was, mouth drooling at the sight of her breakfast on the countertop. Her plate of eggs and toast awaited her, along with a protein shake and a pitcher of fresh squeezed orange juice.

This had become a normal routine for the two; Camila and Y/n spending the night together essentially every day of the week. The singer wanted to ask the brunette to move in with her, so she'd been casually searching for available properties in her spare time; but with her tour coming up this month plus the VMA's, plans to talk about living together with Camila had been thrown onto the back burner.

"Hey Y/n?"

The singer glanced upwards towards Camila, lifting her eyebrows as she chewed on her last bite of eggs.

"What do you think about inviting some people over tonight?" The brunette asked as she raised her glass to her lips, taking a sip of orange juice.

"That sounds fun actually. Who did you want to invite over?" Y/n grabbed their dirty dishes and began cleaning up.