Chapter 7

The door finally swung open and Y/n tilted her head, a bit confused by the unfamiliar face. A short woman with light brain hair and glasses smiled up at her.

"Hello I'm Camila's mother, Sinu.  Cami told me you were coming to pick her up. She'll be down in just a moment, she's just finishing getting ready upstairs. Please come in and take a seat."

Y/n obliged, greeting and thanking Camila's mother as she walked into the large villa, marveling at the beautiful interior. Wrought ironwork lined the doorway as well as beautiful tiled flooring in certain areas of the house like the kitchen. A large glass wall sat on the opposite side of the dining room, slightly covered by a large statue of Buddha's head. The living room, tucked right behind a short wall dividing the entry from the back, faced a large horizontal sliding door that led out to a pool. 

Sinu guided Y/n towards one of the sitting rooms off the the left that had a white couch and two dark blue armchairs as seating. It was decorated minimally with a painting and a small circular glass table in between the plush armchairs; but what caught Y/n's attention was the fireplace that had beautiful Spanish inspired tiling around the outer edge.

Sinu told Y/n to take a seat anywhere she'd like and then retreated towards another area of the house while artist sat alone with her flowers, waiting for her date to come downstairs.

A couple minutes later, Y/n heard footsteps approaching and turned towards the sound. Time stopped when her eyes landed on the brunette, her heart pounding heavily against her sternum.

Camila was wearing a black dress decorated with a floral design, and the front dipping down low. The bottom hem fell the the middle of her calves, but a large slit running up the right side of the dress offered a glimpse of one of the brunette's legs as she walked.

Small, brown strappy heels graced her feet and she'd accessorized with minimal jewelry; opting for some small gold hoops and a black choker to complete her look. Her hair was styled in long, loose waves, the curtain bangs framing her face softly.

Y/n noticed that the musician had opted for a little more makeup this time, compared to when she had last seen her at her home. It was a look very similar to what Camila had at the AMA's and, like that night, it was enough to show, but also brought out her natural beauty. The long lashes, dusty pink eyeshadow, and glossed lips slowly becoming Y/n's new weakness as she let her eyes linger on the singer.

The artist gulped heavily, feeling her nerves crash down on her like a tsunami as she fiddled with the flowers. Camila leaned in to give Y/n a tight hug and the taller woman could feel her body radiate warmth at their close proximity. She fought the urge to attach her lips to Camila's as the brunette pulled away, only inches from Y/n's face.

"You look beautiful," Y/n breathed out as she pulled away reluctantly, "I got you these by the way. I hope you like roses...if not I can return them! Well, I don't think you can return flowers, so I'll just...keep them." The artist's face burned as she dug herself into a small hole.

Camila giggled and took the flowers from Y/n, thanking her as she stuck her nose in the middle of the bouquet to take a whiff.

"Mmm, they smell amazing. Thank you so much! I'll put these in some water before we leave."

The singer headed towards the kitchen, setting the flowers down carefully on the counter as she went to find an empty vase to fill with water.

Y/n stood frozen in her spot, still admiring the woman from across the room. A smile tugged at her lips as she watched Camila tuck some hair behind her ear as the singer bent over to get a container from the cabinets below the sink.