Turning Over A New Leaf.

Imani's Pov- As I sit in my room packing up the last of all my things I looked out the window and thought to myself, "Bye Brooklyn.." just then my mom called me and it was time to head to Minnesota, specifically Minneapolis, Minnesota. As soon as my dad hopped in the car and turned the radio on Michael Jackson started playing, I hummed along as I waved goodbye to our apartment. My mom was crying, my dad was patting her shoulder, my baby brother was asleep...and me...I didn't know what to think. I was already missing my friends and we were 15 minutes away from leaving New York. Hours were passing like years, and the only thing I had in the backseat was my favorite fashion magazine, and a few colored pens and a journal. I started doodling the first things I thought of as I listened to the radio...The Beatles...Earth, Wind and Fire and so many more artists played. All the sudden I was woken up by my dad saying "Hey Mani, we're in Indiana...we are stopping at a hotel and we will finish the drive to Minny tomorrow!"

A Few Hours Later- We were all settled into our hotel around 8pm and then we all laid down and fell asleep pretty quickly...getting ready and prepped for another long day of driving tomorrow.

My dad woke me up around 9am and we all crammed in the car again and started the rest of the 9 hours we had to go. More music, doodling, mom and dad switching driving, snoring, and then finally by 6pm this very night...WE WERE IN MINNEAPOLIS MINNESOTA!!! Mom drove us to the little house we bought on 8th Avenue. It was small but doable. It really wasn't much bigger than our apartment in New York. Now the truck of unpacking and starting at a new school tomorrow was revving up its engine.."This should be fun" I said to myself as I carried my bags inside.