Chapter 60.) Touchy Subject

Start from the beginning

"No ma'am," Renae turned her body fully towards her, "If you're talking about Ava getting shot, that was because of his ditzy ass therapist and dumbass kid not knowing how to handle rejection. Kairo got himself in that mess with Delano and asked for help too late. You..." pausing briefly, Renae exhaled. "You know that wasn't because of him so I'ma leave it at that."

Staring at the carpet, Assyria frowned, "Is he... Von said he was a serial murderer."

"Von had no business telling you that bullshit and you had no business asking questions like that. I don't care how you think others view us, what he shows you should be enough as is. He's your father and a great one at that, that's all you need to be worried about," Renae fussed.

"I um..." stopping herself, Assyria slowly stood, "I didn't mean to yell at you."

Renae smirked, "Yes you did but I'll let it slide, go apologize to your father."

"Alright," staring at her for a while Assyria smiled before walking away.

Shaking her head, Renae stood and headed back into the dining room just as the front door opened.

"Auntieeee,"

Smiling, Renae glanced over at Dante, "Hi baby boy."

"Welcome back," he smiled, embracing her. "You have fun?"

"We did," she sat at the table and motioned for him to take a seat. "I heard you're doing a paid internship for your dad, you like it?"

"Yeah, I do paperwork and grab lunch."

Renae frowned, "I know Dajon did not make you an errand boy."

Dante chuckled, "No, I still get to participate in the mock trials and I even get to attend some live trials with him."

Renae folded her arms, "Do you honestly like it?"

Dante nodded, "Yes ma'am."

Renae smiled, "What brings you by?"

"I came to check on you and Unc."

"Have I ever told you you're my favorite?"

Dante smirked, "Maybe."

"If you need your Godfather, he's in the back talking with Sy."

"I'm here," King's voice came into play as he turned the corner. "Wassup Nephew?"

"Sup Unc?" Smiling at him, Dante stood to embrace him, "can we talk real quick?"

King glanced at Renae but she was just as confused. "Um, yeah."

"I guess I'll leave you two be," Renae stood and headed into the kitchen.

Dante headed into the living room with King behind him.

"Wassup? You okay?" King asked.

"Yeah yeah," he laughed nervously, "Don't laugh but um... so like... well, I never engaged in sex before and I'm kinda embarrassed to tell people I'm a virgin," he whispered.

King stared at him briefly then nodded, "Did you talk to your pops first?"

"I wanted to talk to you... I don't want him thinking something's wrong with me or anything like that."

"Why do you think he'll feel like that?" King queried. "If you're a virgin, I don't think he'll make fun of you."

Dante slouched and stared at his sneakers, "Is it uncommon for guys my age? All my other friends aren't and whenever they ask I just lie."

"Oh," King leaned forward and cleared his throat, "are you trying to figure out if you should have sex?"

"Nah, I ain't easily pressured like that but my pops said he wasn't in love when he lost his. He just slept with someone older who showed him what to do... but like... with me, I don't just want to sleep around as practice."