Ch 541: Grand Event

Start from the beginning

Ch'en nodded and whispered a few words. Keywords, "Five years ago, Lin Ye, Zhu, six people, Grad, Chernobog."

She closed her eyes, and a rough guess emerged from her mind. Ch'en opened her eyes, and then said softly, "Were they being hunted down?"

"That's my guess as well," Jin nodded, "After they came to Ursus, it was very likely that they had already been hunted. The people who were hunting them were definitely not ordinary people. They weakened the group and went to deal the finishing blow when the group was at its weakest. This manhunt went on for a year, they were patient. In the end, they wiped out the group, killing the last person, Zhu at Grad."

Ch'en rhythmically tapped on the table. It helped her think. Then she said slowly: "The pursuit of killing for a year is really ruthless. But in this way, the possibility that Lin Ye is Zhu is very high with how the information is telling us."

"Yes," Jin nodded, "I'm 99 per cent sure of this."

"Now the question is, why is Lin Ye alive now?" Ch'en asked, "Didn't you say that the city of Gard is less than half a day away from Chernobog? If the people who were chasing them really wanted to kill them all, why would they leave him alone?"

"There are two possibilities."

She nodded and let him explain.

"The first one, the day after the death of the sixth man, the city of Grad moved hundreds of kilometres because of the prediction of a Catastrophe." Jin said, "The city's final chosen settlement was several kilometres away from Chernobog. He might run there at this time."

Ch'en nodded and asked, "The other possibility?"

"The second possibility is that the people who hunted them down were not natives of Ursus, but people from either Higashi or Yan, who smuggled into Ursus. Their numbers were limited, and they were all wiped out after they killed the last person," Jin replied, "I did some more digging and found more dead bodies in the city. They were scattered around randomly."

"More bodies?"

"The reports about this massacre were hidden well," Jin said, "But using my connection, I got more info about this case."

"I see," Ch'en looked up at him, "What do you think then?"

"I think that the group that was hunting them were from Yan," He said, "This is based on the scar that was left on the bodies of the smuggled group. They had distinct marks on their body like they were struck by lightning."

"Electric Arts?" Ch'en's eyes narrowed slightly.

"Yes," He nodded, "They looked like they were Lei Fa users."

"I see," She lowered her head to process all of this.

"How are we going to continue our investigation?" Jin asked, "I want to hear your opinion on this, sir."

After she thought long, she raised her head and looked at him, "What else? We're going to investigate this more in Yan."

"I see," He nodded, "Where do we start then? Yan is big after all"

Chen glanced at Jina and then looked at her calendar. On it was a date that she circled, "Naturally, it's the biggest place we can go now."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

"Wow! This is so good!" Grani said in glee as she bit into her grilled sixth sausage, "Can I have more!"

Lin Ye chuckled and placed another grill sausage on her plate.

Lin Ye and his group now had a small picnic in the temple's garden. With Nian's help, FEater and Lin Ye might have overdone it and made a small barbeque.

When Grani asked how they did it, Lin Ye told her that he borrowed the temple's kitchen.

Grani, luckily, believed him.

He needed to teach her not to believe things too easily.

Now on a blanket that he asked from the monk, the group was sitting and enjoying their food.

FEater would entertain the group by telling stories about the movies that she was in.

Warfarin was having a hard time eating with one of her hands being warped with bandages so he offered to feed her.

Grani was enjoying food and did not question how they got them anymore.

Nian was eating beside him and often Lin Ye needed to wipe her mouth from some of her spills.

Messiah was sleeping on his lap.

Skadi was quietly eating her food near him.

However, Lin Ye could catch Messiah and Skadi glaring at each other from time to time.

Lin Ye then saw Nian had some smudges on her lip. He pulled out a napkin and wiped it off. After that, she continued to devour more sausages and eggs.

"Lin Ye, I want some eggs," Warfarin said to him.

He sighed but nonetheless he still fed her, "Here, here."

"Gege!" Nian looked at him, "More meat!"

"Here, here," Lin Ye placed another cooked sausage on her plate.

"Oh, Dr Lin! I almost forgot!"

"Hmm?" He glanced at her, "What is it?"

"The travel agency just told me that because of the earthquake, the nunnery seems to be flooded, so they changed plans."

"Oh?" He arched his brow, "Where to then?"

"Go to one of the big capitals of Yan, Chang'an," Grani said. "I heard that there is a grand event there."

"What event?" Lin Ye asked casually.

"The engagement ceremony of the princess of Yan."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft: jaq

Proofread: Jaq

Edit: Jaq